Tisas BR9 9MM Hi-Power clone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I bought one of these Tisas BR9 Hi-Power clones. It's stainless and very impressive looking. I really don't know much about these guns except that they are made in Turkey. I'm not a Browning collector and I know this is not a Belgium FN made Browning. I'm not trying to compare them from a collectors perspective or anything like that. I just want to know if anyone has had any experience with one of these pistols. Anyone owned one, shot one or known someone who has? Any recommendations or suggestions?
IMG_20180926_201803659~2.jpg IMG_20180927_120945273.jpg

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you. It was only $495.00. I didn't think that was too bad at all. I will say
I've never been crazy about a magazine disconnect safety. I probably will want to do away with that. Trigger pull (at least in dry fire) could be better but is by no means terrible. Slide to frame is impressive. It limbered up pretty fast and really glides.

Last edited:

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One oddity (at least to me) is in the take down. It's pretty straight forward or so I thought. I safety
checked it. Dropped the mag., locked the slide to the rear, visually and physically checked the chamber.
Then I engaged the thumb safety in the forward notch and attempted to push the slide stop out from the
right side where it protrudes from the frame. Not happening! I even smacked it with a plastic mallet and
nothing. I tried every way I could think of and that sucker ain't budging. For some unknown reason I slipped
an EMPTY magazine in and I could then push the slide lock out with very little effort. Is this normal? It's not
the way the book said to do it and I've never seen anyone have to do that but it works every time. Same thing
when reassembling.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cannot speak on Tisas clones, but if it shoots good and is half the price of a "real" Hi Power, how can ya go wrong?

The mag disconnect is pretty easy to remove and does help with the gritty feel on the trigger.
Oh that's good. That's exactly how I would describe it..."gritty". Now when I remove that will that make the mags. eject fully? Right now they just pop out an inch or so and you have to strip them the rest of the way. I'm told this was intentional so that you do not lose magazines . That's fine but my training says let 'um drop and that hand should already be going for the reload.

Last edited:

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of my experience is with a Hi Power Practical and aftermarket Mecgar mags...and they drop free.
Browning DID (from what I have recently learned) offer spring assisted mags that will not only drop free, but jump out of the magwell with enthusiasm. My new Hi Power has two of that style mag.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For some unknown reason I slipped
an EMPTY magazine in and I could then push the slide lock out with very little effort.
When removing the slide stop on a BHP or a HP clone, you first push upward on the slide stop lever, then push it out. That's why it works when you insert the mag--the mag follower pushes the slide stop lever up for you.

And, yes, removing the mag safety will generally allow even empty mags to drop free.

Latest posts

Top Bottom