Tom Cole on the confederate flag protest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with him 100%

Show some respect to the President of the United States of America.

Those individuals are not Patriots and disgrace their country.

He has to earn that respect first by showing it for his office and the Constitution. Obama has done neither.

fordguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why do we have to show a president (no matter who he is) respect?

He is taking our tax dollars, living in government housing, is treated like royalty,Makes rules we have to live by etc.

So we owe him respect? He owes us respect.

Then a congressman is all butthurt about a confederate flag waving....sounds like he is just kissing the president arse.

I don't go around waving the confederate flag.....don't really care one way or the other, but let those folks use them first amendment rights. If they are stupid, it will show, if they aren't then that is fine too.

So much politically correctness is just tiring.
Sorry just had to vent...

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, the way I see it is, are we citizens or are we subjects? A Subject owes loyalty and respect to the king/queen/ ruling elite. It is demanded of them. A citizen owes no respect to the president, it is his or hers to freely give if they chose to do so. Respect is earned. If I do not feel the President has performed in a way that has earned my respect, then I owe them none.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Agreed. Classless and no reason to do that to him but his skin color.

BHO did not blow the confederate flag issue out of proportion.

Made Oklahomans look like idiot okies

underpar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Divert your eyes citizen! His heiness BO thinks you are a bunch of rednecks hicks who shouldn't have 1st Amendment rights. His subject, your selected rep, Tom Cole agrees. Bow down and shut up!

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At this point if king osama said the sun rose in the East, i'd have to check my astrolabe, twice.
I'd have to buy an astrolabe first though, and that might cut into my gun money.

Amazon

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This issue whether they have the freedom to fly the flag never came up. You guys are getting butthurt about something no one even said.

We are talking about the idea they were trying to communicate to President Obama and the nation. They were communicating that they uphold the ideologies held by the former states that made up the pre-civil war south. Thats what a flag is for....
Such behavior is a disgrace to those that pledge a legion to the American Flag (The real one, the one that represents The United States of America). Those individuals are a disgrace to those that died for the american flag, no matter if they died fighting in Germany, Vietnam, Korea, or else where.

Go fly any flag all you want, it's your right. But don't complain when someone takes issue with the idea you are trying to communicate. If your gonna get butt hurt about that, don't fly that flag!!!!!!!

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No Butt Hurt on my part. I'm just pointing out the fact that as a free citizen, with the backing of free speech, these folks are free to fly the flag. If someone else gets their butt hurt and their feelings hurt, it's just too bad. I find it disgusting that every time I turn on the tube or get on the net, I am assaulted with the image of some highly confused male, who now thinks he is a female. I don't write letters to the networks, I just simply turn the channel or turn it off. I think that people are so politically correct today, that they feel that they have the right to go through life without ever seeing anything that upsets there precious feelings.

This issue whether they have the freedom to fly the flag never came up. You guys are getting butthurt about something no one even said.

We are talking about the idea they were trying to communicate to President Obama and the nation. They were communicating that they uphold the ideologies held by the former states that made up the pre-civil war south. Thats what a flag is for....
Such behavior is a disgrace to those that pledge a legion to the American Flag (The real one, the one that represents The United States of America). Those individuals are a disgrace to those that died for the american flag, no matter if they died fighting in Germany, Vietnam, Korea, or else where.

Go fly any flag all you want, it's your right. But don't complain when someone takes issue with the idea you are trying to communicate. If your gonna get butt hurt about that, don't fly that flag!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom