TONS of new Ruger stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just think...wasn't that long ago and everyone was saying boycott Ruger because Bill Sr. didn't want anyone but police and military to have a "high capacity magazine". Do we all like Ruger now?

Bill Ruger died 15 years ago. His letter regarding "high capacity" magazines was written almost 30 years ago. Holding what he said against present-day Ruger kind of redefines short term memory. One look at the Ruger website, and it's obvious that they don't subscribe to his philosophy of civilian gun ownership.

If you want an example of short term memory, Springfield Armory and RRA spring to mind.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bill Ruger died 15 years ago. His letter regarding "high capacity" magazines was written almost 30 years ago. Holding what he said against present-day Ruger kind of redefines short term memory. One look at the Ruger website, and it's obvious that they don't subscribe to his philosophy of civilian gun ownership.

If you want an example of short term memory, Springfield Armory and RRA spring to mind.
Well said!

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yet people still buy their stuff...How about Smith & Wesson? Trigger locks anyone?

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yet people still buy their stuff...How about Smith & Wesson? Trigger locks anyone?

You're absolutely right. I'm don't know much about the Hillary hole business, except it's the one thing that Slick Willie and I might agree on. It has been over 15 years since S&W sold out, though, and the company has changed hands in the interim.

Who knows? In 2030 or so, I may think about buying another SA or RRA product. Doubtful, but it might happen. On the other hand, I don't hold it against folks who own/purchase their products...I just think it's another example of the bewildering inconsistencies I see within the gun community.

To bring this post back around to the thread, Ruger has completely metamorphosed in the last decade. I remember being flabbergasted when they came out with the SR 556 several years ago. Since then they have came out with a plethora of new products, most of which probably would have been spiked by Bill Ruger. Best of all, Ruger seems to actually listen to their customer base.

Now if they would just buy Keltec already...

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up a Security 9 yesterday. I really like it. I thought it was ugly at first, but it has grown on me quite quick. The trigger feels great and the gun just really fits my hand. Can't wait to go shoot and see how it performs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom