Trapping, 2023-2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Time to start a thread.
The trash pandas are overwhelming the feeders.
I could only find 4 earth anchors in my stash so stopped at DG and picked up three screw-in type anchors for dog leashes. The ground is so hard and dry, they would not screw in.
Put out 4 and a couple hours later have 4 in the cuffs using a $1 bag of marshmallows for bait.

IMG_2215.jpeg
IMG_2216.jpeg

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm on number 14 for the "season" as of today. I put out traps September 2nd. All but one have been male. Only 3 would i classify as close to mature. I'm only trapping our 12 acres this year as the other 5 acres is a bit too far to make consistent runs to with my work schedule lately. That puts me at 172 since August 2021. We did finally have a successful turkey hatch this year in both places with 5 at our place and 6 at the other, that i know of. 20231010_122216.jpg

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I really need to pick up some traps and figure out how to trap a few beavers. Maybe I’ll look into that soon. Any way to learn the finer points of this? Weird story, but I more or less had a spirit vision and need to make it happen so I can stop having these dreams.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, I really need to pick up some traps and figure out how to trap a few beavers. Maybe I’ll look into that soon. Any way to learn the finer points of this? Weird story, but I more or less had a spirit vision and need to make it happen so I can stop having these dreams.
Conibear traps are the only way to trap beaver......or tannerite.
Put 10 lb of tannerite in a jug that will float. Cover it with willow limbs that they really like to eat, and wait. When they eat, shoot. Please video.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Conibear traps are the only way to trap beaver......or tannerite.
Put 10 lb of tannerite in a jug that will float. Cover it with willow limbs that they really like to eat, and wait. When they eat, shoot. Please video.
I need the pelts to be immaculate for preservation. So tannerite is out.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Foot hold traps work but need to be a drowning set. YouTube will have some videos on how to use foot hold traps for beaver.

Latest posts

Top Bottom