Trayvon Martin "hoodie" could be displayed in the Smithsonian

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimCorrigan

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not really, maybe, but you simply refuse to meet at the fence to talk about the issue.

And that's the quote of the day. Seriously, Zimmerman screwed up. I understand that under law, he could NOT be found guilty of murder. I've been jumped before, even attacked to the point of thinking someone was too drunk and going waaayyy too far. If there wouldn't have been a buddy to pull a guy off me, if I had a weapon I would have used it. I get where Zimmerman is coming from on nothing but self defense. But in my situation, I wasn't following a guy or putting myself into a position that would cause further tension. Zimmerman wasn't guilty, but he wasn't innocent either. I think that's more than reasonable, and looking into Martin's past (while ignoring Zimmermans?) and fishing for a label that YOU want to apply isn't helping. Tons of kid smoke weed and get into fights. Seems like this time he went too far, but that's why Zimmerman isn't in jail. Doesn't make him innocent.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funnier still is the fact that some people will fight harder to keep using them than to get rid of them.

Not really, maybe, but you simply refuse to meet at the fence to talk about the issue.

Like I said.....heard it before.

Just as funny as the people who do NOTHING to prove the stereotypes wrong huh. Like those who glorify those exact stereotypes but then wanna cry when they are treated like the garbage they act like. Yea, that is pretty funny to me. And we have nothing to meet at the fence about, your side is well stated as is mine, leave it be. Simple as that, but you gotta keep trying to drag it on.

Honestly I'd rather black people not have those stereotypes but sadly the majority of their actions reinforce those & they don't care enough to come together as a community & change it. They would rather just keep using it as a crutch as to how the white man holds them down & I'm sick & tired of hearing about it.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just as funny as the people who do NOTHING to prove the stereotypes wrong huh. Like those who glorify those exact stereotypes but then wanna cry when they are treated like the garbage they act like. Yea, that is pretty funny to me. And we have nothing to meet at the fence about, your side is well stated as is mine, leave it be. Simple as that, but you gotta keep trying to drag it on.

Honestly I'd rather black people not have those stereotypes but sadly the majority of their actions reinforce those & they don't care enough to come together as a community & change it. They would rather just keep using it as a crutch as to how the white man holds them down & I'm sick & tired of hearing about it.

give me my reparations and foad whitey!

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
some wannabe gangsta that got mowed down.

www.blogcdn.com_www.mandatory.com_media_2013_06_tumblrmndtg3fboq1r3gb3zo1400.gif

This is cracker'in me up.

Wait, can we say cracker here?

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At no point in any discussion on this board have I ever blamed a specific race of people for anything. You have.
At no point during any TM/GZ discussion on this board have I ever labeled GZ or TM anything but 2 people making mistakes and acting inappropriately. You have.
At no point have I made up any stats or facts, or mad any sweeping generalized stereotypes about another race of people. You have.
Ask me a question and I'll answer it. Why won't you answer a question?

Unless I'm missing something, your biggest problem with me is the fact that I don't agree with everything you have to say. Hmmm.....

Never really called you a racist. Just pointing out that while unjustly attributing certain behaviors and opinions to me, you are clearly exhibiting that you possess those very behaviors and opinions yourself.
Here's a definition...you tell me where it applies.

Defending him how?
I'm pretty sure I said that GZ had the option of taking a severe beating and pulling the trigger...He made his choice and the court upheld that choice...done.
I'm just tired of all the "glad that thug is dead" crap. "Thug" is not a justifiable reason for death. "Suspended from school" is not a justifiable reason for death. "Fighting" is not a justifiable reason for death. "Smoking weed" is not a justifiable reason for death. Unless, of course, there is something else about TM that you take issue with.

Back at ya.

Heard that before.
These aren't reasons to kill someone. But getting your head bashed into the concrete is. I can guarantee that if someone was beating my head into the concrete they are gonna get shot. I would have done the same thing. I will say this, not all of the black community are racists. And not all of them support Martin. But a big majority do. I can tell by the way you have to respond to everything someone says about race that you are a part of that crowd. Maybe not full blown but some. But here is the fact. Most of the black community is not held back by whites. They are held back by themselves. They want to blame whites. Most black people don't look up to people like MLK, they look up to people like Jay Z or 50 cent. Even our president puts Jay Z up on a pedestal like he is such a great person. He has made millions on putting out filth. He talks about women like they are trash and acts like a thug. Why anyone would want to envy someone like Jay Z is beyond me. But it is the truth, many people do. There are a lot of black people that want to try and live by the notion that whites are the only racists and that we are the scum of the earth that has always held them back. That simply isn't the case. And here we go again with Martin. The black community is wanting to turn him into a martyr for getting shot because he tried to bash someones skull in. And GZ was wrong for defending himself from that? I know you will comment on this because you can't help yourself. But truth is truth. There are just too many people that are too afraid to say what they want because they are afraid they will offend a black person. Are there racist whites, yes. But don't sit there and try to act like there are not any black racists when there are a bunch. Even our first lady is, Oprah is, even Obama is. The list goes on and on. Al Sharpton is another example. He is one of this biggest racists in America. Yet blacks look to him like he is such a great person. All he does is hold the black community back. He actually drags you all down. And there are so many that believe what he says. Whites DO NOT hold blacks back. Blacks can do whatever they want. But sadly many choose to live the "thug life" persona. They are more worried about their rep around their friends then they are of making something out of themselves. And Big Mike is right, I didn't ever see you post on things until this trial started. Now you have a bigger post count than me. And I have been a member way longer. Wonder why that is? And have you ever heard of MLK? He wasn't on a crusade just for blacks. He was about all races. He wanted equality for all. Not just one race. But for some reason most blacks think he was only for blacks. He wasn't.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, now...isn't this interesting. Everyone but me is allowed to post on the topic of GZ/TM. I wonder why that is?
Now, before I get into refuting all of the crap that's just been dealt my way, I fell that I must AGAIN sate for the record:
I did not choose sides in the GZ/TM debate. I have repeatedly stated that the issue at hand was whether or not GZ feared for his life at the moment he pulled the trigger. I have no doubt he did. And I did not contest the verdict nor ever refer to GM as a racist. I did not at any point state that TM was killed because he was black. My issue has always been about the rampant disrespect of labeling a black teenager a thug based solely upon evidence that many members here are guilty of as well. Included in my concerns was the regular rejoicing in the death of a teenage kid and the incessant derogatory remarks made about black people as a whole.

Never has this forum seen me initiate a discussion with a comment condemning white people. I have not made and racial attacks toward anyone else...be it general or specific. All I have ever really tried to push was a discussion about the problem instead of the constant blame that goes on here. My detractors would have everyone believe otherwise. Instead of reading my posts and maybe opening a discussion on the topic, my remarks have been taken as race exclusive because they are not in agreement with the common anti-black tripe I keep reading.

Ahhh....where to begin.
do NOTHING to prove the stereotypes wrong
Please list those stereotypes and apply them to me in my everyday life. I sure would like to know which ones I'm putting out there.

we have nothing to meet at the fence about, your side is well stated as is mine
Your side stated that you were a racist...your words, not mine. I simply want to know why it always has to be the fault of the black community. What is it that I have done to you? How have I hated on you or your people? How have I put you down?
Until there is a meeting at the fence where everybody leaves their extreme prejudices behind and shows up with an open mind ready to hear other opinions, then the problem will continue. Closed minds are part of the problem too.

They would rather just keep using it as a crutch as to how the white man holds them down & I'm sick & tired of hearing about it.
Never heard it from me. I've worked for everything I have...as the rest of my family has. I didn't ask you or the white race in general for any help. What I have, I've earned.

But getting your head bashed into the concrete is.
I believe that I agreed with that. Maybe you should go back and read my posts.

I can tell by the way you have to respond to everything someone says about race that you are a part of that crowd
Because I don't care for being rolled into a group and demeaned simply based on the color of my skin?
It certainly couldn't be about my opinion of the verdict...since I've stated many times that I take no issue with the verdict.
Maybe...just maybe...if some people would refrain from making broad statements about a race of people bolstered by stereotypes, then I wouldn't have to say something.
Or maybe it's because only the people that agree with you are allowed to post.
Or maybe I don't look, dress, or talk the way a proper poster in this forum is supposed to?
Or maybe if I just accept blame for all of this mess and resign myself to the fact that black people are the root of all evil, then my posts would have some credibility.

whites are the only racists and that we are the scum of the earth
Not even close. Again...read my posts. Racism has no one color, although some do more than their share to set themselves apart from the crowd.

Al Sharpton is another example. He actually drags you all down.
Never met the man. He has absolutely no bearing on how I live my life. Find him an extremely annoying person.
Ever ask a black person their opinion of Al Sharpton?
Have any idea how I feel about him?
Didn't think so. Maybe if you asked me...or maybe if you were capable of having a reasonable discussion on the topic you might know that not all blacks agree with and support all other blacks.

many choose to live the "thug life" persona
And there are white people who are members of the KKK. Does that label the entire white race as a bunch of uneducated, misguided people bent on hate?

And have you ever heard of MLK?
Have you ever heard of MLK? Ever read any of his books? Ever researched, studied, and reported on him? Ever had any family members that marched with him? Ever sit down and have family members that lived during that era tell you of the great things that he stood for? My answer would be "yes" to all of those questions. What about you? Please don't act as if you have some wondrous insight to MLK and think you know more on the topic than others.

I didn't ever see you post on things until this trial started. Now you have a bigger post count than me. And I have been a member way longer. Wonder why that is?
Logic would dictate that it's because I post more than you do. But that's a simple and correct answer...so you'll probably dismiss it.
It is flattering to know that you have read through every single one of my posts. I appreciate the support. I'll have to add you to the Christmas card list.

I know you will comment on this because you can't help yourself.
Seems neither of us can. Why is it that when you do it, it's like Moses coming down with the tablets and everybody should take note and listen to your hallowed words of truth.
Yet, if I have an opinion, there's absolutely no merit in it because it doesn't fall in line with your train of thought?
Of course, if you don't want me to continue to post on topics such as this, then I won't. As long as you and your like minded compatriots agree to do the same and then I won't have any reason to speak up.

And in closing...a note on the "blacks are more racist" / "whites are more racist" debate.
It's a B.S. argument. Racism is all around and practiced by all kinds of people. But since there are so many out there that believe it to be more disproportionately manifested in the black community let try to put a value on it.
Several years back, the Gallup people had one of their famous polls trying to determine the state of race relations. Of the many questions asked, they inquired about the approval of interracial relationships/marriages (in some circles this question is seen as an acceptable indicator of racial sentiment among people). While the majority percentage of both whites and blacks currently approve...the black approval percentage is about 10% higher than whites. And based on the 50+ year history of the poll, the black approval percentage has always been the majority while the almost all of the white respondents disapproved when the poll first began.

But then again, those are just numbers and they can be made to say anything if you work them the right way.
Oh well...In spite of the adamant attitude that certain people are done with this discussion, I await their rebuttal so that I may once again delight in the vast array of opinions that make up our society.

Latest posts

Top Bottom