Trimming brass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, specifically bottle neck rifle brass of the .223 flavor.
How is everyone trimming it to length, and how can the speed/ efficiency of the process be improved?

Currently i use a lee case trimmer by hand with the case holder chucked up in a slow speed drill.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use the RCBS manual case trimmer. I use my forearm to push the handle load and release lever.
A couple hundred rounds later, I've got a bruise.
Just this week, ordered a pancake pneumatic cylinder, pneumatic solenoid, and a foot switch.
I'll post a photo Friday when it all gets here and assembled.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use a Lyman universal case trimmer. Works really well I have been looking into getting the power adapter. To speed it up some. Even manually I can get 100-150 an hour.

victor3ranger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a small table mounted drill press, a modified Lee hand primer, and a Lee case guage with the cutter mounted into the drill press. Very fast, best way I have trimmed loads of brass in a short time.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Did anyone ever have any experience with the RCBS X dies when they came out? They were supposed to prevent the need to trim after the initial trim, I see that midway still lists them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom