Troy Mid size at Dick's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaw77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went ahead and purchased the Troy last night at Dick's.
it was the last one and the display model - and yes it is buggered up - VIA mishandling by DGS staff and the racks they keep them in
but I knew that up front... why would I do that?
I scored 1 of the under 500 serial number models that is machined billet - in the 200 # range.
I'll live with it - I have ordered some Duracoat FDE - I had been waiting for the Troy FDE model - which hasn't appeared yet but at the sale price I couldn't resist - even the wife said I did well
other than the areas on the handguard that are missing color/finish - it is a very nice rifle - smallish, light and quick to the shoulder
everything seems staked properly - although it was bone dry when I got it home - lubed it up immediately....
I'll probably paint the buttstock - if I don't simply replace and sell it and replace the grip with an ERGO FDE, and paint the rail FDE as well
$780 after discounts and taxes

Mil-Spec forged flat top upper receiver with integrated M4 feed ramps
-Mil-Spec forged lower receiver with Troy Industries Enhanced Trigger Guard
-Chrome Moly Vanadium Melonite coated 1/7 RH twist barrel, chambered in 5.56 with M4 feed ramps, mid length gas system
-Troy Industries free float modular 13″ Alpha Rail system with integrated spring loaded front M4 Battlesight
-Mp tested mil-spec bolt and carrier with upgraded extractor and properly staked gas key
-Troy Industries Battle Ax 6 postion (Pinned for compliant models) buttstock with Mil-Spec receiver extension
-Troy Industries Medieval Flash Suppressor
-Troy Industries Rear Folding Battlesight
-Troy Industries Enhanced CQB Pistol Grip

Staked castle nut and first 500 are built on billet receivers. For the money invested in it, I am happy.

Last edited:

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is going to get little marks on it anyway. I would not worry about it. I think you got a great deal. It was not built to be a safe queen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom