Tsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is a legal government issued ID and can be used as identification. They will tell you you have to have a drivers license but if you have the taim and push hard enough you can get them to accept it. I've done it before but I'll tell you it is a very arduous screening process after the confrontation. They do NOT like to be challenged. (Ask me how I know this.)

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why would you want them to?

Show them your driver's license like everyone else and be the "gray man" not the guy at the checkpoint trying to be different.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For various reasons, not everyone has a driver's license.

Still goes back to my original point of not standing out...in order to get an SDA permit, you must have a driver's license or state ID card.

Use one of those, sail through, don't hold up the line for others, and don't draw attention....like Wayne and Garth walking around back stage holding up their backstage passes to everyone....ohhh look at me, I have an SDA permit, LOL

But I get the point...if it is a valid state ID, they should accept it. I just don't think it's worth the hassle.

Glocktogo will be along shortly to straighten us out!

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, TSA should allow it. I had used my PA CCW permit in the past when I didn't have my license on me for one reason or another. OSA'ers band together! From now on anyone traveling use your CCW permit! Woooo!

Latest posts

Top Bottom