Tsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have my OK permit yet. Does it list identifiers (height/weight/hair/eyes)? That's why TSA doesn't accept the Ohio CHL permit. They want a government ID with identifying info.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would you use that at the TSA checkpoint? Do you want to be difficult? Were you trying to prove a point? What point were you trying to prove?

I have to agree with SMS when traveling you want to draw as little attention to yourself as you can. You want to seem like the most unimportant person you can. If you start doing things to stand out you become a target.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Why would you want them to?

Show them your driver's license like everyone else and be the "gray man" not the guy at the checkpoint trying to be different.
Well if they are indeed required to accept them as identification. That would be a very good reason we should want them to.

Michael

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well if they are indeed required to accept them as identification. That would be a very good reason we should want them to.

Michael

The point being made is: Why show your SDA permit at all? You have to have a driver's license or State ID to get a permit so we know you have one. You aren't carrying on the plane, so unless you are just trying to show that TSA screener how cool you are, just use your license and move along like everyone else.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was not being difficult. I had my Oklahoma DL, passport, CWL and commission card. I just think TSA should accept my CWL.

I hear you...just think it's making a mountain out of a mole hill. Of course if I ever somehow forgot my driver's license but still had my permit on me I might sing a different tune.

owassopilot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually,

There is this law called the REAL ID Act. Because of that, the TSA is only allowed to accept very specific forms of ID. What's interesting is, states were required to have their DL comply with this law by a certain time, and Oklahoma is one of several states that have refused to follow it. It has been discussed on other sites that the TSA could refuse your Oklahoma DL as a form of ID and prohibit you from flying because Oklahoma has passed a law prohibiting the implementation of the REAL ID Act.

If you got them to take your CCL after pitching a fit, it was only because you were causing a nuisance to them, and I doubt you'll get a TSA agent outside of Oklahoma to EVER accept your CCL as ID. It doesn't comply with the REAL ID Act and is not considered an acceptable form of ID for the purposes of this law. There is a time and place to "rock the boat", but I don't think the security screening at an airport is the place to do this. I always use my passport even when I'm not flying internationally so I never run into any problems with an agent who might be unwilling to accept the Oklahoma DL because it does not comply with the REAL ID Act.

http://www.dhs.gov/files/laws/gc_1172765386179.shtm

Latest posts

Top Bottom