Tulsa area gunsmith for 1911 work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rapidsequence

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to have trigger pull lightened and the slide worked a bit on a 1911. I have looked at the forums, and it is VERY confusing... some say Mackool's, others say "no, too slow and not the original owner", some say 2A, others say "Mike guy gone, don't use". Some say Sports World, and then some say "way too slow and average product"...
I had the pistol in the box ready to take to Sports World when I read some threads about gunsmithing. Should I just do it? Any consensus on "the best/most trustworthy/etc"??
Thanks all in advance!!!

Hworth18

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been referred to 918 Guns many times for 1911 work by different shops. I hear they are VERY good when it comes to the 1911 but they are also very busy and are sometimes months out on work. They are at 31st & Sheridan if you want to check them out.

Fr Mulcahy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What work do you want done on the slide?

When you say that you want the trigger lightened, do you mean that you want a new fire control system installed or that you just want the leaf spring adjusted?

rapidsequence

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
What work do you want done on the slide?

When you say that you want the trigger lightened, do you mean that you want a new fire control system installed or that you just want the leaf spring adjusted?
yes, the leaf spring adjust and smooth/polish the various parts of the trigger group. just to lighten the pull and smooth it out.

Fr Mulcahy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yes, the leaf spring adjust and smooth/polish the various parts of the trigger group. just to lighten the pull and smooth it out.
I am pretty sure that SPD Guns could easily handle this.

Alternatively, there's a Murray State grad (Austin, I think) who could do it. He's at Tulsa Firearms. Yeah, I know that it's Tulsa Firearms, so nobody rag me about it, please.

We do our own, but we don't have an FFL, so we can't help you.

The sear/hammer fitup angle is critical. A negative angle is dangerous. A positive angle is necessary, but there can be too much of a good thing. It takes a while to learn how to swipe the sear, and some special tools.

Don't be surprised if the gunsmith wants to put in a new fire control system in there. Quality parts make a huge difference.

Good luck!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that SPD Guns could easily handle this.

Alternatively, there's a Murray State grad (Austin, I think) who could do it. He's at Tulsa Firearms. Yeah, I know that it's Tulsa Firearms, so nobody rag me about it, please.

We do our own, but we don't have an FFL, so we can't help you.

The sear/hammer fitup angle is critical. A negative angle is dangerous. A positive angle is necessary, but there can be too much of a good thing. It takes a while to learn how to swipe the sear, and some special tools.

Don't be surprised if the gunsmith wants to put in a new fire control system in there. Quality parts make a huge difference.

Good luck!
Extremely good advice here. Don't look for a cheap fix.

Latest posts

Top Bottom