Tulsa County Democrats want to infringe on 2A rights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
I hope some folks can show up tomorrow to take these Constitution shredders to task:

https://www.facebook.com/events/575742222477444/

Friends,

There are many issues that face this nation, and it is hard to keep up with them all. However, a conversation about our country's gun laws has got to continue. We all believe in public safety & common sense and from there, we can find common ground.

Join us tomorrow at the TCDP Luncheon Club as we discuss why reasonable gun legislation AND the 2nd Amendment are NOT mutually exclusive! Our guests will be Sabine Brown of Moms Demand Action (for Gun Sense in America) and retired Police Officer & weapons expert, Rex Berry. RSVP below!

We Support Gun Sense - Luncheon Club
With Special Guest Speakers Sabine Brown - President of Moms Demand Action and Rex Berry - Retired Police Officer & weapons expert
Friday July 12th, 2013
11:45AM - 1:00PM
Baxter's Interurban Grill - 717 South Houston Ave
Come hear why we support reasonable gun legislation AND the 2nd Amendment in Oklahoma!
Please RSVP to [email protected]
RSVP on the Facebook Event Page HERE https://www.facebook.com/events/575742222477444/

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to the MomsDemandAction website to see some of what those folks consider "reasonable" and I didn't find what I had hoped to find. Instead, right off the bat the web site had a banner encouraging StarBuck's to infringe the rights of those who are properly licensed to carry weapons. The only logic presented is that, apparently, the thought of someone nearby being armed is scary - and that was about the sum-total of the logic discernable in that ad. I am saddened to think that was emblematic of what the Moms might consider "reasonable gun regulation" because it strikes me as the kind of unreasoning, reflexive thinking that produces such hard attitudes in those, like me, who fear that phrases like "reasonable" and "common sense", as used by gun banners, is really just camoflauge.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
I suppose it would unreasonable to think that the firearms "expert" will be there to offer balance to the discussion.

Yeah, he's with MDAGS. Not there to offer balance, but offer up his personal agenda and bias under the guise of "factual" expert testimony to make these asinine ideas seem credible.

In an article in the latest Tulsa Kids, he advocated for everything they want, the whole nine yards, gun bans, semi-auto bans, magazine limits, registrations, ammo background checks, etc. He said he thought people should not be allowed to own 50 caliber rifles, because no one needs that large of a caliber bullet. I suppose that it would be unreasonable to assume that 50 cal ban would include muzzle loaders, too? So much for his expert credentials.

These slogan swallowing brain dead Democrats are the liberal equivalent of the conservative village idiot Republican slogan swallowers advocating absurd abortion "reforms" while trying to justify these ridiculous "reforms" by spouting their horse$hit "factual" expertise on biology of the fetus and female anatomy.

Fact is, they are both just different sides of the same Orwellian coin. The Constitution is just a piece of paper for them to ignore or pretend it doesn't exist if it gets in the way of serving their special interests.

Latest posts

Top Bottom