Tulsa PD shoots unarmed black man

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is the 'fear' of a gun being enough to elicit deadly force not give the conceal/carry crowd pause? I mean we've talked about whether the cops arrived amped up, and how fear of 'maybe' there is a gun is enough to shoot.

so, what happens if they tell you to raise your arms (which you do) and you reveal an actual gun?

I'm not trying to play devils advocate here, but if the fear that 'he might have a gun' is enough to shoot, what does that mean if you are in the situation where you *do* have a gun that they see?

Fear of a gun isn't justification. Actually having a gun in hand and failing to obey commands is. I'd suggest you check your CCW garment by raising both hands above shoulder level in the mirror before leaving home. If it shows, your shirt is too short.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO being that close to the guy at gun point her finger was probably in trigger guard and she fired responding to the taser being fired. It looks like she reacts to her own weapon being fired with a side step to cover after she fired.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TPD issue is a Glock 22C .40.
I wonder if the trigger was altered in any way on her weapon. With what seems to be a low number of shots fired from her gun would make me think she wasn't meaning to fire. If you read the http://lawofficer.com/2016/09/detectivetulsa/ article it seems like she may have not been able to handle the close range, big bad dude on pcp, with finger on trigger scenario, (if that is what happen.)

dugby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wouldn't a sympathetic response from the taser firing be something that would separate the sound of the Taser from the sound of the shot by 1/2 second or so? I would think if that were the case you would hear 2 sounds in place of just one in the video. Maybe the deployment of the taser is just much quitter than I would imagine?

Latest posts

Top Bottom