Tulsa Police offer substation parking lots as safe meeting location

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have met people many times at Tulsa's East side police station parking lot buying and selling stuff from guitars to guns, etc.

I was sitting at the QT closest to me on hwy 51 and 81st St east BA waiting on a guy to come and look at an amp I was selling and I observed an off duty but still in uniform Tulsa police officer selling a gun in its box to a guy over to the side by the car wash. I watched them do as I do and drop their tailgate and open the box. I do alot of meets there myself from Craigslist to people from here and it just didnt seem odd or out of place to me.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a bad idea to do so.

Awhile back I broke a guys arm at a meet to sell, I believe he was bent on robbery. Some stupid people out there that think they are going to meet up to buy a gun and have the thought of stealing. As I got back in my truck he made the mistake of reaching through my drivers window that was down. There were two of them and they had the opportunity to get my tag number. Never heard a thing.

So I would suggest meeting at a very public place, even if your there to buy or sell something. Or at least have someone else go with you, that will watch your back.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a bad idea to do so.

Awhile back I broke a guys arm at a meet to sell, I believe he was bent on robbery. Some stupid people out there that think they are going to meet up to buy a gun and have the thought of stealing. As I got back in my truck he made the mistake of reaching through my drivers window that was down. There were two of them and they had the opportunity to get my tag number. Never heard a thing.

So I would suggest meeting at a very public place, even if your there to buy or sell something. Or at least have someone else go with you, that will watch your back.

And you said you didn't have mall ninja skills....

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not a bad idea to do so.

Man, don't ever tell my wife that, I'll never be able to trade again... I agree such stupidity.... You are selling a gun, does he think you are selling your only one? Man I would hate to be in that situation. Good for you in getting out of there. He is lucky that you didn't use deadly force which could have been justified.

Latest posts

Top Bottom