Tulsa Veteran Center

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are a Veteran and need someone to talk to these guys are great.

http://www.muskogee.va.gov/features/Tulsa_Vet_Center_Has_New_Location.asp

Here is my story from today.

Today I went to the VA behavioral health clinic in Tulsa. I have never done anything with the VA and had no idea what I was doing. They sent me to apply at the 41st and Mingo center. That place is a train wreck. I went in got the application had to come back to the house to get some info and fill it out. I went back to 41st and Mingo turned in the application. When I asked the guy how do they determine what care I need and if it was service related (since neither question was on the form I filled out) I figured out that I needed to get a determination or something like that done. Which is, of course, a separate thing.

Already disappointed and confused I looked up the Vet Center to see if they could help. I read about it when looking for the behavioral health clinic. I went out to old Eastland Mall. I went in and asked what it was they did and while they were explaining I started to break down because of the stressful week, frustration and just really needing some help. I was able to be seen immediately. I went back and talked to the counselor about all the things that happened this week, issues I want to correct and just my general frustration with the VA system. She was able to tell me when to come back to get screened for a service connected problem. It was great. I found out they do individual and marriage counseling for veterans and spouses. All for free. What they can not do is prescribe medication.

Bottom line if you are a Veteran and need someone to talk to go see them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom