Turkey hunting success pics(post em here)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I thought I was going to be out of town today but I had some free time this afternoon. One of the guys in my Bible study had been hunting and having no luck so I invited him to go after church and I would just call for him. Sorry Dr. Tad, I didn't think I would be available today. I took him out and did the calling. We just set up in an area I knew the toms like to strut and gobble in some timber on top of a hill and I started calling. We had sat there for 45 minutes and called every 10 minutes or so before we heard a gobble a long ways off. I called again and it was closer. It finally got within about 100 yrds and I started moving off and calling at the same time to draw them past my friend. They circled the hill just out of his sight and got in front of the direction I was going to cut me off. Luckily the timber was thick and the farmer had cut down a bunch of cedars and they were laying around blocking the view of the birds so I backtracked and passed my buddy again and got on the other side of him and 2 big birds came right in to him. He shot one with a 9" beard and some nice big sharp spurs at about 20 yards. We were done and back at the truck in and hour and a half. It was a great hunt with lots of gobbling and calling at the end. Here is a pic I took right where the bird dropped with my blackberry. Probably my last hunt for the year. It was a good year, I shot the one with the recurve and called in 4 others that friends got. My best year about 5 years ago, I shot 2 and helped 8 different guys get birds. I have been hunting these farms for 20+ years and the birds are pretty much in the same places every year. I sure saw a lot more mature birds this year. We only took one jake out of the 5.
ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_IMG00024.jpg

PTwake04

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good story there. I just wish when I went out west that the birds would of been gobbling more.

Hearing those birds in the morning is the one thing I enjoy most out of Turkey hunting.

Hunting them when they aren't gobbling is about as fun as sitting in a tree stand.

cptnhowdy138

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well i am jealous of everyone that got one this is my first year to go hunting i only seen a couple but they were on someone else property there was one that i am sure i could of called in but my buddy scared him off by running up to the gate and going ape sh%t on a slate call oh well maybe better luck next season

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I finally got one last night.. I took half the day off and went to one of my bow only places and set up, in 15 minutes I had a gobbler 20 yards away, I wanted him a little closer than that to take his head off so I wait and he starts to veer off and go away.. Well I drew and rushed the shot and thumped him in the wing with my magnus bullheads.. It didnt do anything but knock feathers off, he flew off and was fine.. Little did I know till after I shot that there was another gobbler coming in the opposite direction, the one I called in was heading to him, If I would have waited they both would have been in my lap..

I then went to the place my sister killed hers a couple weeks ago.. I walked into the place and called.. One gobbled about 200 yards south of me, I set up and called a little bit more.. This bird stood over there and gobbled non stop for 30 minutes.. I let him know where I was and I shut up.. about 5 minutes of silence from him and I hear him drumming.. then I see him coming in fast through the weeds.. He came around a big tree and then seen my strutter and it was all over then.. He busted into strut then jogged in about 50 yards to 12 steps and I smacked him with a load of 4's..

9" thick beard 1" spurs, and weighed close to 20 pounds.. Pawnee CO..

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii240_brian8903_IMG_2122.jpg

ai265.photobucket.com_albums_ii240_brian8903_IMG_2128.jpg

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yea i was wishing I had the bow on the second bird.. he was locked in an would have knocked the decoy over if I would have let him.. If I would have had some expandables I would have smoked that first one.. it hit him perfectly..

Latest posts

Top Bottom