Turkey Season 2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was able to slip out Saturday morn and fill my tag. Sux the population is down enough, Payne county now a 1 tom county. Oh well I can get 3 birds here in NE. IF and its a big IF, it ever warms up! Calling for snow here tommorow

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hadn't been on the site in a while, got this dude on the Sunday after opening day.

27xdzj5.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Just got back from a 5 day turkey hunt in sw ok, didn't see or hear anything. :( last year we had 50+ turkeys on this land.

Was just talking to a guy the other day who lives and hunts around Ryan, and also hunts around Hollis somewhere. He's had birds for as long as he can remember and has only seen a couple of hens at Ryan, and zero around Hollis.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
It was your shutter clicking like you were shooting a swimsuit session that made him wary.....couldn't have been my aim:)

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Several shots at jakes this evening, long beards not interested. Needed a good camera, had lots of opportunities for some good shots, especially the one with the tom between the fence slats strutting. Second is a short video, all jakes.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been a while since I checked in around these parts. Anyways, it was a very interesting season to say the least. I had family in opening weekend and focused on getting my uncle and cousin turkeys and was successful after some weird opening weekend weather.

I won't kid anyone. I am a fair weather turkey hunter. Heck, that's why they made Turkey season. So you can enjoy fairly decent weather. It snowed/sleeted/iced at least once a week in my parts all season. Lows around 22 a few times and highs only in the low thirties several days. I just wasn't in to it. I hunted twice on my own through the season leading up to this weekend and didn't have much luck. It is almost sad to admit that I really am a fair weather turkey hunter while I am nowhere near that during deer season.

The weather this weekend finally looked good and I had some time to get out. I hunted Saturday morning and Sunday morning. I was able to pin down a nice bird Saturday and made a move on him Sunday morning. He acted like it was opening day. Responded to the call great and whipped my fan mount pretty good. Anyways, it was a fairly decent bird. Since two year old birds are nearly nonexistent this year in these parts, I knew good and well that I was dealing with a good bird.

Sorry to ramble, Yesterday morning was a great hunt.

10.5" beard and 1 3/8" hooks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom