Two cars found at bottom of Foss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The entimology casts light. Old French.

Which comes from the Latin root:

late 14c., "to kill," from Old French mortefiier "destroy, overwhelm, punish," from Late Latin mortificare "cause death, kill, put to death," literally "make dead," from mortificus "producing death," from Latin mors (genitive mortis) "death" (see mortal (adj.)) + root of facere "to make" (see factitious). Religious sense of "to subdue the flesh by abstinence and discipline" first attested early 15c. Sense of "humiliate" first recorded 1690s (cf. mortification). Related: Mortified; mortifying.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just before President Kennedy was shot, a wealthy OKC woman and her crippled daughter went missing in a new Caddy. The Kennedy story pushed the search out of the light rather quickly. Then in about '88 or so, the duck pond at Hefner was very low, and the top of the Caddy, with a big hole rusted in it, was seen. The car was recovered with the skeletons of the mom and daughter, a bunch of diamond jewelry, and part of a bottle of Jack. Daughter was crippled from an earlier accident while riding with her drunk mom.

My Dad was the last one to see them alive. Evidently, they stopped by the house and talked to him. I remember when the news story broke... Dad immediately knew who it was going to be once they remains were identified. I was in high school and one of the girls i went to school with was part of the team that recovered the remains. I saw some pretty cool pics of it all. I remember her saysing that there was a whiskey bottle found in the car. All that happened when they were doing some work around the lake for the bike and walking trail... Part of the string of Pearls project from MAPS.

Latest posts

Top Bottom