Two cars found at bottom of Foss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is the sunken cemetary at Foss or Lugert or Both? I was thinking it was Lugert.

The one I remember was at Foss. My mother was raised at Stafford and attended school there, so my roots are right around there. I still have family in Butler too.

If it happened at Lugert instead or also, it wouldn't be a surprise, it was just a memory of grownups talking to me.

I hate that Lugert is the way it is now, that was a fantastic little lake back in the day. The dam was the coolest I've ever seen, and the beaches actually had sand. I hear it's ben taken over by golden algae now.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one I remember was at Foss. My mother was raised at Stafford and attended school there, so my roots are right around there. I still have family in Butler too.

If it happened at Lugert instead or also, it wouldn't be a surprise, it was just a memory of grownups talking to me.

I hate that Lugert is the way it is now, that was a fantastic little lake back in the day. The dam was the coolest I've ever seen, and the beaches actually had sand. I hear it's ben taken over by golden algae now.
It is sad. This time last year, I actually toured the Lugert Dam from within the inside.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is sad. This time last year, I actually toured the Lugert Dam from within the inside.

I heard at one time they were talking about having Halliburton pump it full of cement. I think the cost made that idea go away, just another rumor from back in the day.
I can't remember how long ago it was when I first saw that dam, but it leaked then and the last time I was there it was leaking.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard at one time they were talking about having Halliburton pump it full of cement. I think the cost made that idea go away, just another rumor from back in the day.
I can't remember how long ago it was when I first saw that dam, but it leaked then and the last time I was there it was leaking.

All dams leak. But they monitor the amount of leakage very closely. They never mentioned filling it with concrete. They did say future plans would be to build a temporary dam in front of the current one so work could be performed on the existing dam. Unfortunately the burden of cost would primarily fall on the irrigation members.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 50ish chevy is a full frame car, the camaro is a unibody....thus the damage to the camaro and the older one being able to be retrieved in tact. Pretty sure it is just retrieval damage. Both cars have panels rusted all the way through.....they had to have been pretty fragile after that long. The camaro would have only been a year old if that at the time of the incident...so all the rust through has occurred in the water.

Yeah, i'd imagine they could have had a pretty good hold on the bottom after that many years!!
You're right. I forgot about the different construction methods.
That explains it.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hopefully there are enough remains of 5 (five) mortified souls

As someone who often looks up English words to learn their roots and meanings, I'm curious about your use of the word "mortified". Was that a typo, or did you use the word in some religious sense? I doubt you meant the souls were embarrassed :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom