Two Men Use Choke Hold To Rob Tulsa Convenience Store

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TULSA, Oklahoma - Police say two men choked a clerk at an east Tulsa QuikTrip store and robbed him overnight.

Officers said the robbery occurred at the store at Highway 169 and 31st Street at about 1:30 a.m.

The clerk was alone in the store when the men attacked him. He told officers the two men had been hanging around the store for a while prior to the robbery.

Police said the two men entered the store, one pushed the clerk then grabbed him by the neck and placed him in a choke hold. They then took money from the register and cigarettes from behind the counter and ran away.

Officers said one robber wore a ski mask and the other a hoodie.

Police believe the pair ran to a nearby apartment complex.

They said the clerk was not seriously injured.

http://www.newson6.com/story/27351579/police-look-for-two-men-who-robbed-tulsa-convenience-store

Well it's time to out-law Choke Holds. :rolleyes2

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up in that neighborhood - I still go there often. Completely different than 20-30 years ago. The Tulsa World will publish a map at the end of the year, highlighting high crime areas, this is just west of one of the worst areas.
The illegal aliens from Germany make up a large percentage of the population, and the Hungarian thugs prey on them regularly. The Hungarians know the Germans are reluctant to go to the police for fear of deportation.
I'm sure the changing demographics don't have anything to do with the crime rate though.....

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in the 11th and Utica QT one night at the end of beer sales and two drunk street dwellers were giving the clerk an undue amount of ****. For no reason other than they were drunk and looking for a fight.

One asks to see his manager, after calling him a ****** etc, He grabs their beer off the counter and says "I am the manager, and I'm not selling you ****. Get the hell out of my store."

It was awesome. They honestly thought he was required to sell them beer. Until I get outside and they are standing by my truck. One of them was like "man I could beat that white boy's ass". I wanted to be like "Dude. YOU'RE WHITE TOO." but I just laughed and drove off.

The closest I've come to becoming a Republican was the the time I went at midnight on the first and watching a line of slobs in PJs at the ATM, maxing out the cash on their cards to buy Busch and Steel Reserve. One guy had his momma, in a wheelchair on oxygen, lap loaded down with Busch. At midnight.

Those nightshift clerks need a raise.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the number of people on duty really doesn't matter if someone is going to rob it they will rob it and QT has a no conflict policy.

Sure but it's easier to subdue and account for one person relative to two. It's a stupid policy IMO.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It also increases the likelihood of dumbass, opportunistic strongarms like this because 1 person is clearly an easier target than 2.

if there are more clerks the thugs just get more brutal or they get more homies to help them the number of employees really doesn't matter, lee's famous chicken had 4 people working and it didn't help them at all.

colb

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
if there are more clerks the thugs just get more brutal or they get more homies to help them the number of employees really doesn't matter, lee's famous chicken had 4 people working and it didn't help them at all.
Statistics show that criminals are more likely to rob a single clerk, as opposed to multiple clerks.

Disclaimer: all statistics used for this argument are completely made up and came from my own delusional brain to support my argument. Do not take this post seriously.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

It's not going to deter a group who is calculated but it will cut down on random and previously mentioned, opportunistic attacks. Which are FAR more common and can turn brutal just as quickly.

It's a no brainer that there's a higher likelihood of safety in numbers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom