Two of the Best Rimfires Known to Man

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which model is the revolver in the OP? I want one.

I think it's a 617, I have been shopping really good 22 revolvers and still haven't settled on one. According to my research thus far if you are looking for a 22 wheelgun the 617 is a winner as well as the Models 17 & K22. None come cheap but it seems everyone that owns one of those three loves it.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Along the same lines - one is like a swiss watch and the other is tough as nails
img.photobucket.com_albums_v231_GLG20_DSC00223.jpg

Damn it, I miss my Ruger SS

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it's a 617, I have been shopping really good 22 revolvers and still haven't settled on one. According to my research thus far if you are looking for a 22 wheelgun the 617 is a winner as well as the Models 17 & K22. None come cheap but it seems everyone that owns one of those three loves it.

S&W K22 and M17 are one in the same revolver. The K22's (original name) were just eventually marked with 17 and dash numbers in the crane up until the model 17 was discontinued altogether. The model 18 is also a very fine revolver. Good luck in finding any K22, M17, M18 marked .22 revolvers unless you're willing to drop some serious dough.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
S&W K22 and M17 are one in the same revolver. The K22's (original name) were just eventually marked with 17 and dash numbers in the crane up until the model 17 was discontinued altogether. The model 18 is also a very fine revolver. Good luck in finding any K22, M17, M18 marked .22 revolvers unless you're willing to drop some serious dough.

Yeah but it pays to seek out both because people that own them & list them for sale call it one or the other based on age. I haven't seen any listed with K22 & M17 in the title. I guess I coulda said K22 which later becomes the Model 17 but S&W model numbers already confuse and annoy me. The long and the short of it is... I'd like one, regardless of what numbers & letters are on it. LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom