U.S. Army Characterizes People “Frustrated With Mainstream Ideologies” As Terrorists

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Individuals who “believe in government conspiracies” also framed as violent radicals

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
October 2, 2012

http://www.infowars.com/u-s-army-ch...ted-with-mainstream-ideologies-as-terrorists/

i826.photobucket.com_albums_zz182_skunkwerksllc_021012shot.jpg

leaked U.S. Army document obtained by Wired Magazine characterizes people “frustrated with mainstream ideologies” as potential terrorists, while also framing those who “believe in government conspiracies” as violent radicals.
These are some warning signs that that you have turned into a terrorist who will soon kill your co-workers, according to the U.S. military. You’ve recently changed your “choices in entertainment.” You have “peculiar discussions.” You “complain about bias,” you’re “socially withdrawn” and you’re frustrated with “mainstream ideologies,” writes Spencer Ackerman.

The manual (PDF) was produced in 2011 by the Asymmetric Warfare Group, a unit within the U.S. Army headquartered at Fort Meade, Maryland. The document is intended to weed out “internal threats” within the ranks of U.S. soldiers.

PDF>> http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/dangerroom/2012/10/Radicalization-FINAL090911.pdf

Given that both the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI have identified returning veterans as one of the primary domestic terror threats, the document is seemingly designed to spot such radical extremists well ahead of time.

Examples of behavior that is considered an indication of potential terrorism include the following;
- Complaining about bias;

- Being frustrated with “mainstream ideologies”;

- Being reclusive;

- Believing in government conspiracies “to the point of paranoia”;

- Visiting “extremist” websites or blogs;

- Altering your reading habits;

- Having “peculiar discussions”;

- Being “highly emotional”;

- Using “social networks”.

The Army manual is just one of numerous similar manuals and publications issued by military, law enforcement and the federal government over the last decade which define mundane behavior as extremist and a potential indication of terrorism.

As we reported earlier this month, a leaked training manual used in the State and Local Anti-Terrorism Training (SLATT) program for law enforcement and funded by the Department of Justice lists political bumper stickers expressing opposition to the United Nations and support for the bill of rights as indications of terrorist activity.

The document also characterizes people who hold political opinions that “represent a fairly popular point of view” as terrorists. Anti-abortion activists are also listed as terrorists under this category.

The infamous 2009 MIAC report, published by the Missouri Information Analysis Center and first revealed by Infowars, framed Ron Paul supporters, libertarians, people who display bumper stickers, people who own gold, or even people who fly a U.S. flag, as potential terrorists.

Under the FBI’s Communities Against Terrorism program, the bulk purchase of food is also labeled as a potential indication of terrorist activity, as is using cash to pay for a cup of coffee, and showing an interest in web privacy when using the Internet in a public place.

A recent Department of Homeland Security-funded study produced by the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism at the University of Maryland characterizes Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority,” and “reverent of individual liberty” as “extreme right-wing” terrorists.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Point of order: It does not characterize people who are "Frustrated with Mainstream Ideologies" as Terrorists.

It says that people who exhibit that trait, and others, may be predisposed to radicalization or violence.

It's not wrong. That fact that flow chart could be applied to a citizen doesn't make it wrong either.

There's a world of difference between being a radical, let alone being predisposed to radicalization, and being a terrorist. The document doesn't even mention terrorism in the context of labelling people as such...it mentions terrorist acts and precursors to them....all of which are true and accurate in my personal observations and experience.

Fallout from the Fort Hood shooting most likely....Hasan was a failure of leadership. He should have been run up the flag pole a long time before he did what he did, but our military leaders are risk averse. They like to have pretty flowcharts to protect their ass and justify their actions.

KBC

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Point of order: It does not characterize people who are "Frustrated with Mainstream Ideologies" as Terrorists.

It says that people who exhibit that trait, and others, may be predisposed to radicalization or violence.

It's not wrong. That fact that flow chart could be applied to a citizen doesn't make it wrong either.

There's a world of difference between being a radical, let alone being predisposed to radicalization, and being a terrorist. The document doesn't even mention terrorism in the context of labelling people as such...it mentions terrorist acts and precursors to them....all of which are true and accurate in my personal observations and experience.

Fallout from the Fort Hood shooting most likely....Hasan was a failure of leadership. He should have been run up the flag pole a long time before he did what he did, but our military leaders are risk averse. They like to have pretty flowcharts to protect their ass and justify their actions.

^^^^^^^ Very well said!

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Megadeth, Sweating Bullets lyrics... seems fitting...

Hello me... Meet the real me
And my misfit's way of life
A dark black past is my
Most valued possession

Hindsight is always 20-20
Looking back it's still a bit fuzzy
Speak of mutually assured destruction?
Nice story... Tell it to Reader's Digest!

Feeling paranoid
True enemy or false friend?
Anxiety's attacking me, and
My air is getting thin

I'm in trouble for the things
I haven't got to yet
I'm chomping at the bit
And my palms are getting wet
Sweating bullets...

Hello me... It's me again
You can subdue, but never tame me
It gives me a migraine headache