Added a couple more pieces to the collection and thought I'd share them... Finally got my hands on a USMC frogskin camo cover...something that I've been after for a couple years. It now sits on the dented McCord shell (swapped back to early war Westinghouse liner that was previously installed). I had not noticed until adding the cover, that the heat stamp on the helmet puts it as a 1942 fixed bale production helmet. After closer inspection, the previous weld marks for the feet of the fixed bales are still visible even though the helmet was later repaired or updated to a swivel bale configuration. Also picked up another front seam, swivel bale McCord helmet (I can't seem to get my hands on a Schlueter ). The heat stamp is not completely legible, but the mix of brass and steel hardware on the chinstraps should date it as a 1943 production. The helmet came with a green 1/2" British made net with a few pieces of original scrim installed. The net and scrim were original WWII era pieces, but had been added to the helmet recently so I went ahead and swapped the net over for a nicer looking brown 1/2" British made net, reinstalled the scrim, and added the 45th ID liner that I pulled from the dented McCord shell.