Ugg, bullet pulling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Can you show a photo of that? I am not seeing it in my head. Are you just twising them out with the pliers? Or leveraging them somehow on something?

@chazroh you gotta get a hornady collet puller man. I have one just don't have any collets that big. I almost ordered some from BPS a couple weeks ago with a gift cert I had. I seen @Cowcatcher use the hammer once. I decided right then. I got have me a collet puller.
747C2CB6-62CC-4C0E-B193-A8433A9C3175.png

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... might be able to drill a couple (or more?) different diameters in one pair.

Just a thought. :drunk2:
Yep,spaced right and you can get three in there. If it’s a big caliber like 44-45, you lose grip strength though. I file the edges of the hole down so the bullet is only being grabbed by the rounded part of the hole. If I don’t do the filing, the sharp edge leaves a mark

Last edited:

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, it sucks with the hammer. Get one of the Hornady collet pullers for a job that size.
$3.99 long needle nose pliers from Harbor Freight. Drill the appropriate size hole using a drill press. Use the shell holder in a single stage press. You’d be surprised how easy it comes out when you pull the ram down.
View attachment 159273
Thats a good idea.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, why do you guys pull so many bullets?
Well,Robert,I’m a sucky reloader. Nuff said. Sometimes I’ll get a accuracy load together and think I’m done but change my mind and take it a little further. I’ve also bought Ammo from estate sales or garage sales for the components and break them down

Latest posts

Top Bottom