RCBS Shoutout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have moved to buying only RCBS dies.

A few years ago I had a rod break in an older decapping/sizing die. I tried to buy a new die, they sent me a new set.
I'm pretty much 100% RCBS dies as well as a single stage loader, scales, and a lot more in just shell holders, etc.
Love their customer service as well as all the others. Reloading equipment is a highly competitive business model without a lot of return for the manufacturer as I was told by a factory rep at a gun show. Customer service by word of mouth and social media is where they strive to excel to get that market.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have about a 50/50 split between Hornady and RCBS. Most of my fancy sets like 338/375/416/458 and similar are RCBS with some Redding sprinkled in.

If bought right Hornady is a great value proposition since you can sometimes pick them up for the same cost of the pack of free bullets you'll get with them. However, I will say I didn't really appreciate how Hornady virtually gave me a talking to for not registering my dies before I called in about the expander balls cracking on my 223 and 22-250 sets. They sent the parts, but it's like I had to work for those stupid things to where next time I'll likely just pay midway the 7 bucks each.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got in early on the Hornady free bullets. Got 1000 .45 ACP HP for buying the LNL AP that I still use to this day for a progressive.
When looking online for the LNL, browsed fleabay seeing some that were very competively priced, but the small print said the bar code had been removed from the box.
People were buying, removing the bar code, getting the free bullets and then reselling the LNL presses in unopened boxes. Pretty good racket for awhile I guess.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got in early on the Hornady free bullets. Got 1000 .45 ACP HP for buying the LNL AP that I still use to this day for a progressive.
When looking online for the LNL, browsed fleabay seeing some that were very competively priced, but the small print said the bar code had been removed from the box.
People were buying, removing the bar code, getting the free bullets and then reselling the LNL presses in unopened boxes. Pretty good racket for awhile I guess.
Oh I 100% did that with die sets. I probably bought about 30-40 sets when they clearanced them on Amazon. I think I got all these various sets for like 10-15 bucks tops. I'd get the bullets and then sell them for around $40. I think I basically made $25 on each set.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a RCBS inertia bullet puller that broke. Sent them the piece that broke off and they sent a new puller. They have also sent de-capping rods and replacement dies. Probably the best warranty service ever.

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was pulling apart some 500 A-Square rounds the other day with my RCBS bullet puller, and managed to break the 500 cal collet. I think what happened is that the round went into the collet a smidge too far, and so the collect clamped on the brass rather than the bullet, and when I back stroked the press it ripped the petals out.

Either way, I kicked an email over to RCBS. It took about 4 days to respond but the email was "Sorry to hear that, we dropped a replacement in the mail to you".

Not the fastest, but overall a pretty tops customer service policy in place over there it seems like. Figured I'd share.
I just had the Shoulder Bolt brake and the housing where it screws into Cracked on my Auto Priming Tool. Called them and I told them the problem and can send a picture. Without hesitation, she said are you still at this address. (apparently my phone number showed up and she pull my previous records) OK No problem, I will send one out to replace it by tomorrow! And the time before that, I had a primer got stuck some how, and I ruined the part. They still sent it to me with no charge! That's customer service!

Latest posts

Top Bottom