Uh-Oh Tulsa Police

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not really. If a service weapon was used, that still doesn't mean they were using their official status as officers in this matter. Guns are easy to get.

Indeed. But if it ends up NOT being his service weapon, we should make them harder for the average person to own.
:D

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a pretty good wage for traffic control and incident reporting.

Eeehhh, even if that's the majority of their work, I actually think it's pretty crappy scrilla given the risk of bodily harm, the scrutiny by the public, the department-required degree, and given that some 10% of that income cited was overtime. It's not hard for a degreed person in Tulsa to make more than that without the extra hours and risk.

I made more than that less than 10 year out of my bachelors program, sitting at a desk working spreadsheets 38 hours a week and going home at 4:30 every day. I wouldn't strap up and ride through Tulsa for that. Good on those who do though. Just not my calling.

Also this figure:

Median household income, 2008-2012 $47,845

That's household income, not wage. This can be skewed by the 70% or so of Tulsans without a degree, number of persons in household, etc. Police make more than average, but I bet's it's comparable to those with similar education requirements and time in workforce.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
They should have never looked back when they dropped their adopted trouble maker off at the homeless shelter. I keep reading things on my wife's Facebook and the news about how this guy was perfect. I could only imagine what was said to provoke people trained at keeping situations controlled as well as their own self-control, to start shooting at this guy as well as their adopted daughter.

All though LEOs are held to a higher standard, at the end of the day, they are nothing more than a human being capable of snapping like everyone else. Unfortunately for this young man, he chose to provoke an armed person.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eeehhh, even if that's the majority of their work, I actually think it's pretty crappy scrilla given the risk of bodily harm, the scrutiny by the public, the department-required degree, and given that some 10% of that income cited was overtime. It's not hard for a degreed person in Tulsa to make more than that without the extra hours and risk.

I made more than that less than 10 year out of my bachelors program, sitting at a desk working spreadsheets 38 hours a week and going home at 4:30 every day. I wouldn't strap up and ride through Tulsa for that. Good on those who do though. Just not my calling.

Also this figure:

That's household income, not wage. This can be skewed by the 70% or so of Tulsans without a degree, number of persons in household, etc. Police make more than average, but I bet's it's comparable to those with similar education requirements and time in workforce.

But cops seek out the profession because of the risk.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They should have never looked back when they dropped their adopted trouble maker off at the homeless shelter. I keep reading things on my wife's Facebook and the news about how this guy was perfect. I could only imagine what was said to provoke people trained at keeping situations controlled as well as their own self-control, to start shooting at this guy as well as their adopted daughter.

All though LEOs are held to a higher standard, at the end of the day, they are nothing more than a human being capable of snapping like everyone else. Unfortunately for this young man, he chose to provoke an armed person.
How did he provoke the armed person, by dating his daughter?

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

"Everyone else" is capable of gunning folks down over some words? What words would provoke you to shoot someone?

I don't hold this standard to cops. I'm pretty sure we as a society can hold everyone to not blasting fools over shittalk. I would wager many many parents go through worse with their daughters and don't even come close to "snapping like everyone else is capable of".

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
"Everyone else" is capable of gunning folks down over some words? What words would provoke you to shoot someone?

I don't hold this standard to cops. I'm pretty sure we as a society can hold everyone to not blasting fools over shittalk. I would wager many many parents go through worse with their daughters and don't even come close to "snapping like everyone else is capable of".

Not really sure. I guess we will find out after the trial what provoked him to shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom