Unmarked police cars in Tulsa…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEB2021

Marksman
Reaction score
Ideally CCTV should also be used to prevent red light runners. Run a light and get your ticket in the mail. With each infraction your fine grows exponentially. Also having marked police cars would do more to prevent speeding and driving crazy because as I mentioned, they don't have to pull anyone over and seeing a cop car causes most people to straighten up. Plus the way I see some cops driving it makes me wonder why I can't do the same.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm 100% for the City to have 500 unmarked police cars and marked motorcycle cops too.

I am SICK and TIRED of the red light runners, the crazy lane changers, the tailgaters, the drivers who are on their cell phones and talking/texting instead of paying attention, and the ones who brake check people for no reason except for what their silly tiny little minds let them have their temper tantrums and brake check. Flippin' dangerous fools should not have a drivers license.

There need to be boundaries with consequences.

I am AGAINST chasing people down for little tiny piddly things, let's use some common sense.

If the unmarked cars and more marked motorcycle cops would just get rid of the red light runners I'd be thrilled. The rest are icing on the cake.
Yes I can sit on my back porch and watch the stupid crap people do behind the wheel, and it is not even that busy of a road. I have seen drag races, people doing donuts, bouncing over the lane dividers, etc, etc, etc. I have no problem with unmarked cars.

NEB2021

Marksman
Reaction score
Abso-freaking-lutely not. In no way, shape, or form should the gov't be given that kind of authority.
And that's exactly what I'm getting at. People are fine with unmarked cars roaming around but not CCTV that can do the same thing potentially better. The police, the government agency in this situation, has basically free reign to do whatever they want with no consequence but people are worried about a camera on a red light? I can't make it make sense.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And that's exactly what I'm getting at. People are fine with unmarked cars roaming around but not CCTV that can do the same thing potentially better. The police, the government agency in this situation, has basically free reign to do whatever they want with no consequence but people are worried about a camera on a red light? I can't make it make sense.
*some people

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
*some people
No doubt, would he be happy with this?
Papers.jpg

NEB2021

Marksman
Reaction score
No doubt, would he be happy with this?
View attachment 432241
To pass through TSA you do need to show "your papers", but if this is in regards to a government/police state then I believe one of the first things you get asked by the police is for identification. Hell, to do most things that are required of citizens you need some sort of identification.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To pass through TSA you do need to show "your papers", but if this is in regards to a government/police state then I believe one of the first things you get asked by the police is for identification. Hell, to do most things that are required of citizens you need some sort of identification.
Mostly true, but even TSA will let you proceed without ID if they can verify you through other means. Also, Bookface is lousy with videos of rather obstinate people successfully rebuffing police requests for ID.

We're quite a ways down to road to a full on "papers bitte" police state, but we're not quite there yet!

NEB2021

Marksman
Reaction score
Mostly true, but even TSA will let you proceed without ID if they can verify you through other means. Also, Bookface is lousy with videos of rather obstinate people successfully rebuffing police requests for ID.

We're quite a ways down to road to a full on "papers bitte" police state, but we're not quite there yet!
True but for the laymen who doesn't travel often and have a rapport with either an airline or card company you need to have some sort of ID. And yeah I've seen those videos but where I'm from you would be needing to plead your case from a cell or you wouldn't get the chance at all.
My main point is that some people want their cake and to eat it too. It's those situations I don't understand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom