Update! Good news! (Broken Arrow Post Office strikes again.)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just had this issue with a big product. USPS said they couldn't deliver twice, then claimed delivered. I wonder how they fit something the size of a small vacuum in a post office box. Hmmmm, wasn't there.
I was told if a rural carrier passes a stop or misses a package that by policy they can’t back up or turn around that day, so they have to show “delivered” but will try again the next day. I have no idea if it’s really true, but that’s what the powers that be at my local PO told me. :anyone:

Rustytigwire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone must scan the item to know where it is. Really?
Staff at Noble post office is great. After it leaves there.
Goes into the abyss of ineptitiude.
Sent document in big envelope second day delivery to PA.
Lost.
Scanned 14 days later in Dallas. 18 days to PA.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Call your post office. They can actually GPS track where the package was delivered.

Yep. And they're very helpful in telling you it wasn't delivered where it should've been delivered. And then they tell you they'll try to contact someone where it was delivered. And then that's the last you hear of it. Been down that road with Ada PO a couple of times.

My CHAZ-reject looking, personality of a turd, regular carrier hasn't been around for a couple of weeks. The new guy or sub guy, whatever he is, is very polite and friendly and my mail still gets misdelivered. But at least he says hello and is generally pleasant. I feel better somehow about a nice guy losing my mail.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On average I ship out USPS priority mail about 2-3x a week. In any given year I probably have 3 delayed packages. I think in the last 4 years I had one go truly lost. Shipping UPS or Fedex they seem to delay or screw up about 20%. The bad thing is in some cases I have to use UPS or Fedex for larger item which have a tendency to be high dollar.

Sig365CCW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Banned Supporter
Reaction score
On average I ship out USPS priority mail about 2-3x a week. In any given year I probably have 3 delayed packages. I think in the last 4 years I had one go truly lost. Shipping UPS or Fedex they seem to delay or screw up about 20%. The bad thing is in some cases I have to use UPS or Fedex for larger item which have a tendency to be high dollar.
I’m pretty sure that most items sent today get delivered in a timely manner to the correct address. People tend to complain about the occasional mistake and don’t appreciate the normal decent service we receive on a daily basis. Service as a general rule has declined in recent years in most companies. I doubt that it’s gonna get any better and that ticks me off too. It’s easy for an old retired guy like me to sit around and complain when I probably couldn’t or wouldn’t do the job any better. If a person gets their stuff delivered to the wrong house regularly it’s either a problem with their address, the person delivering it, or both.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
If you guys haven't signed up for informed delivery yet I'd suggest you do so . . . it doesn't help with horrible mail carriers, but it will provide documentation of what you daily delivery should contain.
...and there's a way to report it if you don't receive it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom