Update on Boyd At One stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a similar issue with a laminate stock, on a Ruger M77. mine the bottom metal was recessed to much, not allowing the trap door to close. I used some thin brass shims to get a proper fit.
On a stocky's long range stock, the front mounting bolt was a hair too long. When I torqued it down, the bolt would no longer close. I had to use a course stone to sand off the end of the mounting bolt.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a good looking stock, and laminates are known for their stability and stiffness. Little problems while fitting such a stock are just par for the course.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had to put the project on hold for a while.
Good news though. I learned to speak Wife!
It's a very hard language to master, but over time I've picked up a little here and a little there.
Today I think I found the Rosetta stone of key words.
Told the wife I wast thinking about taking a couple hours off work this morning.
Wife said "that's a great idea. Just piddle around and rest. You deserve it".
In wife speak this means:
"That's a great idea and now you can mow the lawn, weedeat, leaf blow, clean out the garage and move some of my stuff to the tool shed".
Man, with these key words I can really get a handle on Wife Speak and maybe come to a point where I can manage conversational Wife Speak.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got an email from Boyd Customer service and they had sent a new, longer, screw out this morning. That's good CS.
Might put a polished metal bi-pod on the front of this to dress it up as well as a shiny titanium bolt cover. Looking at a polished steel tac bolt.
I know it's going to shoot like it shoots, but why not. It's going to look as cool as I can make it even if it don't improve accuracy.
I'll just learn to shoot better behind something nice and pretty. Ha!

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Had to put the project on hold for a while.
Good news though. I learned to speak Wife!
It's a very hard language to master, but over time I've picked up a little here and a little there.
Today I think I found the Rosetta stone of key words.
Told the wife I wast thinking about taking a couple hours off work this morning.
Wife said "that's a great idea. Just piddle around and rest. You deserve it".
In wife speak this means:
"That's a great idea and now you can mow the lawn, weedeat, leaf blow, clean out the garage and move some of my stuff to the tool shed".
Man, with these key words I can really get a handle on Wife Speak and maybe come to a point where I can manage conversational Wife Speak.

My wife tries that so I do exactly what was said.
You say relax? I'm gonna relax. Don't get mad, just say what you mean next time.
I don't play those stupid games.

Latest posts

Top Bottom