Update on Boyd At One stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok.......I may have gotten carried away with the Ruger creed build. Started off with wanting to try out the 6.5 and that led to adding an Odin comp, that led to a timney trigger, that led to a Boyd At One stock but now I think I've went too far.
What do you think? Too much?
crazy rifle mod.jpg

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another update on mod to Boyd stock. And another RED NECK FIXEM
Hated the plastic catch for the mag so I fixed it.
Picked up two washers that combined were the same thickness of the Boyd plastic catch and same screw hole.
Pic one is the old catch and the two washers I will be cutting down. The lower washer will be shorter than the upper for the latch to enter and the upper will be the catch.
Two is the beginning of the cut. Three is the old catch on the cut washers and painted as a guide for grinding.
Four is the cut down lower washer installed. Five is the upper catch washer longer as it is the catch. Five is the installed new metal catch with mag. Six is a better look.
Snug fit and you just can't beat RED NECK DIY....HA
Boyd 1 two washers  and ready to start.JPG
Boyd 1 two washers  and ready to start.JPG
Boyd 2 used boyd catch to cut.JPG
Boyd 3 rough cut and paint pattern.JPG
Boyd 4 lower washer short.JPG
Boyd 5 upper washer long.JPG
Boyd 6 lower upper washer with catch.JPG
Boyd 7 another angle.JPG

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Going to put a polished steel trigger guard and a titanium rear bolt cover. Looking for a good polished aluminum bi-pod to go with the polished steel bolt handle. After shooting (re zeroing at the range) I will decide on floating or bedding the stock.
Just got in from city and tired. Takes about an hour for me to sleep after a couple hours on the road and a long banquet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom