Urban Deer Hunting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reagorfu

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just read something about guys bow hunting inside city limits, is that legal? That would sure cut down on the drive time, but I don't see it being ok to take a deer from the park.lol. is their land that can be hunted inside tulsa that you wont end up in jail for hunting??

brennan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe that I read an article a few years ago in a Oklahoma magazine about hunting in urban areas with a bow. I am like you, not 100% it is legal. I know of a few places to go. Although I might have to get permission some how.

angsniper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It is legal to shoot a bow in the city limits and it is legal to bowhunt in the city limits... that is as long as you are not trespassing. I would use common sense though and make sure I was someplace where the deer wouldn't die on someone elses property after being shot.

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is legal to shoot a bow in the city limits and it is legal to bowhunt in the city limits... that is as long as you are not trespassing. I would use common sense though and make sure I was someplace where the deer wouldn't die on someone elses property after being shot.

depends on what city you are in. i know in Mustang you can not shoot a bow or hunt. a few years ago a guy was bow hunting here in town and shot a deer, the deer ended up dying in a lady's front yard with the arrow hanging out of him. cops were called and then the law was changed because of that. so it probably just depends on what city you live in.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live in "city limits" and the only thing city I have here is elec. service. That being said, I have about 20 deer that show up in the fall and have thought about killing one of the does for the meat but I just know that sucker is going to end up in my neighbors pool. Awkward......:blush:

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In Stillwater you can shoot a bow practicing as long as your backstop is against your house. No shooting toward the neighbors. You can hunt with a bow in town as long as the land is still used for agriculture purposes.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lake arcadia in OKC has urban hunting with bow only. Contact the city managers office. Big bucks in that area.

Lake Arcadia is in Edmond. Hunting is legal in Edmond and OKC. In OKC you can hunt with a shotgun (birds) or bow (deer). You must have permission and cannot be w/ in 200 yds. of a dwelling or road.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've sure seen some really nice deer in the urban areas.
They just trot along ignoring everything going on around them.
The last one I saw was a nice buck just east of Douglas blvd and I-40 in MWC.

Latest posts

Top Bottom