US allows import of 86,000 M1 rifles from Korea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like they'll be sold to Korean War vets and their families. I don't think anyone from my family was in Korea, I know dad was in Vietnam. It would be interesting to get one though.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
the line i noticed there was something loosely quoted as ~" the rifles will be bought by Korean war vets and their families"~

... .. soooooo how do i get in on this action, my grandpops was in the Korean war, and i would like an m1!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My grandpa drove a tank in Korea, I emailed this link to my mom, she's going to research it with him and see what they can find out. I'm sure there will be plenty of hoops to jump thru.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its all part of the plan....but its good news for the CMP

Aricle is somewhat vague. Imported is one thing, rifles/arms being returned to the US Army are another. If these rifles were sold to Korea, not loaned, and I may be totally wrong, then, if they were sold these rifles will be sold to importers and not returned and going to the CMP. Same as all of the Blue Sky imports in the last century. Let us see what else comes out in the news and so forth.

Latest posts

Top Bottom