US Senator Coburn (R-OK) Introduces Gun Control of His Own (not kidding!!!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my view Coburn is trying to get in front of a steamroller and what he proposes is something I could live with -- especially the part about not making gun owners bear the cost and just providing a means for gun owners to validate that we are not selling to a gangbanger or violent criminal. All rights come with responsibility and I think Coburn is one of very few that truely believes in the 2nd. He never sold out to the crowd wanting to curtail semi-autos or magazine capacity or other infringements on the 2nd Amendment. Again, he sees the steamroller and merely wants to stop it in it's tracks. jmho.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
In my view Coburn is trying to get in front of a steamroller and what he proposes is something I could live with -- especially the part about not making gun owners bear the cost and just providing a means for gun owners to validate that we are not selling to a gangbanger or violent criminal. All rights come with responsibility and I think Coburn is one of very few that truely believes in the 2nd. He never sold out to the crowd wanting to curtail semi-autos or magazine capacity or other infringements on the 2nd Amendment. Again, he sees the steamroller and merely wants to stop it in it's tracks. jmho.

FYI, that’s just your opinion...

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go back and tell your daddy you tried, but you just can't get these gun toting fools to see things his way. If you truly had a concern who you were selling a firearm to, you would use a trusted FFL to do a transfer. I'm sure SSP would be happy to assist you with your conscience.

Just because a dealer doesn't want expanded checks, I'm sure they would be happy to help someone who had concerns about a firearm transaction.

The one good point Coburn makes in this bill is asking why should someone have to pay a fee or basically, a tax to exercise a constitutional right? It's government information paid for by tax dollars and there is no reason it shouldn't be free for all to use as they see fit.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my mind the issue can be boiled down to this: Do you trust the average citizen to do the right thing or do you think we need more laws to make him do the right thing?

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
In my mind the issue can be boiled down to this: Do you trust the average citizen to do the right thing or do you think we need more laws to make him do the right thing?

I understand... Just like the drug dealers stop because it's illegal. We have laws on the books that they don’t have the balls to enforce so why do we want more laws? Typical Lawyer!

Latest posts

Top Bottom