Uvalde school police chief Pete Arredondo is put on administrative leave due to 'lack of clarity' in investigation into shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Based on what I've read so far, the guy should be facing criminal negligence and likely others for his failure to perform his duties as the ISD Police Chief. I'm sure he will loose numerous civil trials.
Agree, but I doubt it he ever get charge. I know the city is going to pay dearly in civil law sue.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agree, but I doubt it he ever get charge. I know the city is going to pay dearly in civil law sue.
Watched some of the live case yesterday with the Director of Texas DPS and he did not paint a pretty picture of the Chief or Uvalde response, he had a few pretty biased statements (although not untrue). Based on what I saw and the reaction of the Senate's special committee, I wouldn't be surprised if he was at the very least fired, but I think some negligence charges aren't out of the realm of possibilities at all.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watched some of the live case yesterday with the Director of Texas DPS and he did not paint a pretty picture of the Chief or Uvalde response, he had a few pretty biased statements (although not untrue). Based on what I saw and the reaction of the Senate's special committee, I wouldn't be surprised if he was at the very least fired, but I think some negligence charges aren't out of the realm of possibilities at all.

He should never be allowed to wear a badge again.

I said it soon after it happened, and I'll say it again now, command orders or no, those officers on scene that stood around and did nothing need to find a different gig, they ain't cut out for that one. The SOAB's that disarmed the officer whose wife was killed while he was trying to make entry should be drug into an alley and mud stomped. Rotten sonsabitches. A lot of those folks need to be selling shoes at the mall, because they have no business being police officers.

I'm sickened by the entire ordeal.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Based on what I've read so far, the guy should be facing criminal negligence and likely others for his failure to perform his duties as the ISD Police Chief. I'm sure he will loose numerous civil trials.
Sadly, the district is like all districts, and law enforcement and judiciary have qualified immunities in place. Being stupid and a coward isn't litigious (for a govt bureaucrat). Else, all of the Federal Bureau of Incompetence would be in a Supermax today.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's clear that this guy did not have the temperament for this job. I hope there is some soul searching going on in the ranks of people with these type of responsibilities.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He should never be allowed to wear a badge again.

I said it soon after it happened, and I'll say it again now, command orders or no, those officers on scene that stood around and did nothing need to find a different gig, they ain't cut out for that one. The SOAB's that disarmed the officer whose wife was killed while he was trying to make entry should be drug into an alley and mud stomped. Rotten sonsabitches. A lot of those folks need to be selling shoes at the mall, because they have no business being police officers.

I'm sickened by the entire ordeal.
I agree with you whole heartedly as do an absolute boatload of the LEOs that I know, its like a damned repeat of Broward County all over again.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A bit off topic …. Maybe a new thread is in order. Recently Norman ps fired a teacher who sent out pictures of a threat at the high school. The teacher did not believe that the district was taking the threat (threats of killing with a hit list written on a bathroom wall/stall) seriously. According to local news reports the local PD said that the district had removed the “graffiti” before officers had a chance to view it. The news story made it seem as if the district was trying to sweep the problem under the rug. This was the reason for the teacher to become a whistleblower.

So how, in light of everything that’s happened over the past few weeks, can this be allowed to take place?

If a student makes a hit list, it’s no longer a school discipline issue but LE issue. Period. End of story. Every time. If the kid isn’t serious or joking, too bad. Still a LE issue that should be met with serious consequences.

Latest posts

Top Bottom