Vacation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have made that trip a couple times and it's great. Perfect time of year to go. I hate fish, shrimp, and pretty much anything that comes out of the water but I survived. Vancouver is okay but you really don't have to go any further than Victoria as it's beautiful. Be sure and check out Mt. Rainer and Mt. Saint Helens.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have returned to Oklahoma. Seattle and the area around it was cool, but man is it ever good to be home. Pike's Market was as we expected; it was cool and all, but after a couple hours, you can only look at so much fresh produce and fish and trinkets. The seafood was good, but more expensive than I thought it would be there, but by the last day, I was done with the fish and wanted a hamburger. The weather was great, it drizzled on us for a couple hours one day; the rest of the time it was cool and sunny. Checking the pistol was not a problem at all either way. People were having more trouble trying to slide by TSA with unopened sodas and toiletries that exceeded the 3 oz limit (or whatever). Glad I took it with me too. I have never seen so many bums; every 20 feet, some bum was hitting on us for money and one drunk idiot hit on my wife while we were in the original Starbucks; (much to his immediate discomfort). The market security guys were on his horizontal azz like ugly-on-an-ape and took him away in cuffs rather quickly. Folks vouched on my behalf and I was not even questioned about it. I guess the aggressive panhandling and the nuisance value is such a threat to the tourists' money that the vendors all put up with nothing if even the hint of trouble apppears. Never saw so many people dressed in climbing/hiking/ gear: Lots of people in fancy Patagonia/Northface/REI/Kelty attire; tons of hi-tech backpacks, many with the obligatory water bottle and carabiners hanging off them. I never saw so many gals with major tatts and piercings. Lot of goths. Lot of street musicians and street people. Seemed to be a very Left Bank/Bohemian kinda place, especially downtown and around the Market area. Our view of the bay from the B&B we stayed in was great. We enjoyed the trip, but it is good to be home.

Latest posts

Top Bottom