Vehicle holster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Want to find a decent holster for my 85 that can be mounted in a vehicle . Do not want to throw it in the console and beat the crap out of it as I have tools of my trade everywhere lol. Anybody have any suggestions on one you like . Seen a couple on the webs but want a little input of real users and not the Amazon, maybe, real users.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
First of all you have to find out where you want to put your gun in the vehicle. Do you want it loose or mounted? Do you want it secure in a locked compartment? Easily accessible?

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have a pocket in the door, pretty much any clip-on belt holster should work (I'd hang it inside the pocket rather than outside).

If not, you might consider mounting a kydex holster on the door or under the dash with screws.

I think CHenry posted about some magnetic holsters/holders a while back, maybe he'll tell us how they worked out.

Just a few thoughts. Luck. :drunk2:

EDIT: Lol, beat by two posts while I was typing at the speed of turtle... :D

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely want it secure and out of sight of a casual observer. I would think a magnet works great around the house and have a couple in use, but in my truck I want something with positive retention and covers most of the pistol do to sand, sawdust and all the other mess I am in on a regular basis. In construction and keeping the inside of my truck clean is an exercise if futility LOL. IWB kydex screwed under the dash may be the answer.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely want it secure and out of sight of a casual observer. I would think a magnet works great around the house and have a couple in use, but in my truck I want something with positive retention and covers most of the pistol do to sand, sawdust and all the other mess I am in on a regular basis. In construction and keeping the inside of my truck clean is an exercise if futility LOL. IWB kydex screwed under the dash may be the answer.
Even when I do remember the magnet I don’t use it very often I’m usually worried that if I hit a bump it could become dislodged if that’s the correct word I always just feel safer having it on me. As far as mounting a holster I’m a lefty making it harder to find the right spot to mount it

Latest posts

Top Bottom