veterans headed to Standing Rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a retired Senior Noncommissioned Officer with nearly 22 years of active duty service, including tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, I inderstand the brotherhood very well thank you.

I think you missed the point of my post.

Last edited:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only 1% of the total population of this country is serving in the military at any given point in time. That is a paltry number and those who have never served or won't serve will never understand the comradarie of veterans. I think it was better with the draft because those continuing their service after the mandatory two years or so were not there for the fun of it (although it was fun) but they had a real purpose in life-serving this country. I cannot put it into words the respect I have for this segment of our society, they put their lives on the line-for us as well as the slipshod politicians we have trying to destroy this country.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
People should appreciate and respect veterans for their service. They are patriots even if they use their status as veterans to be pawns for the liberal cause du jour.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Slim Pickens quote: "Now if that don't beat all! Here we take the time and go to all the trouble, to kill off every injun in the West, and for what?" So they can go protest us putting in a pipeline in a burial ground and there are hundreds of thousands of them all over the place. Do the indians have written records and surveys on buffalo hides showing where the burial ground starts and stops? Sounds like they're just trying to extort more money from the oil companies.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Only 1% of the total population of this country is serving in the military at any given point in time. That is a paltry number and those who have never served or won't serve will never understand the comradarie of veterans. I think it was better with the draft because those continuing their service after the mandatory two years or so were not there for the fun of it (although it was fun) but they had a real purpose in life-serving this country. I cannot put it into words the respect I have for this segment of our society, they put their lives on the line-for us as well as the slipshod politicians we have trying to destroy this country.
My great grandfather fell for that draft bull$hit. Said "if I go to war, I won't be able to make the payment on my farm." Government stooge assured him that it'd be there for him when he got back, it wasn't.
A different government stooge had foreclosed and sold it. Next owner pumped $14 million worth of oil out of it. The government can suck my d@ck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom