VGA computer to HDMI tv converter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any one here have any experience or recommendations on a converter?
My old desk top only has a VGA connection and the TV I want to use as the monitor has a HDMI connection.

I understand that VGA is analog and HDMI is digital so I need a converter to change the signal.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any one here have any experience or recommendations on a converter?
My old desk top only has a VGA connection and the TV I want to use as the monitor has a HDMI connection.

I understand that VGA is analog and HDMI is digital so I need a converter to change the signal.
Amazon has a cable that will adapt.

https://a.co/d/b3dOkGb

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a computer mechanic 😅. This desktop is pretty ancient in today's world.
It's literally turn off, unplug, open case, pull out any card that is in there, push in new card and screw it down and reboot windows. Only tricky part is the little tab you have to push to get an old card out, but it's not that tricky.

Thomas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used several different dvi to hdmi with great success, but never vga. I'm with Jason and thinking a $30 video card is worth it.

Heck if you are close to Tulsa, I probably have one I could give you.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's literally turn off, unplug, open case, pull out any card that is in there, push in new card and screw it down and reboot windows. Only tricky part is the little tab you have to push to get an old card out, but it's not that tricky.
That sounds a lot harder than tearing down a Chevy 350 engine and putting it back together. Lol.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It sounds easy, but I know if I tried it there would be lots of magic smoke and then a trip to computer store tomorrow, no online shopping because the whole set up is in the dumpster.

Latest posts

Top Bottom