Waders ????????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

358norma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

-Maximus-

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cabelas ultimate hunting waders for cold weather, these were perfect the day of the blizzard at Texoma, Christmas eve 2009. Also the day after Christmas 2009, broke ice multiple times during the hunt. Had the same set for a few years now with no holes or major wear. Had another set in high school and logged in 4 seasons with them. A couple of those years we had to chase the ducks, cove bustin at Texoma, they were worth every penny and retired them with no holes for a shiny new pair in a new pattern.

For teal season and sometimes the entire duck season some non insulated from Cabelas. These work for me most of the season but I fell out the boat one duck season as a teenager...haven't been cold since.

beer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go to the BassPro web page and look at theirs Find ones in your price range and then read the reviews for that pair(s). That's what I did and picked up a really good pair of Redhead's when they went on sale the day after thanksgiving. Got a hell of a deal on them.

Actually my girlfriend did. She got up way earlier than me and went to BP. Waited for them to open then got the waders, a slicer, a dehydrator, and a ton of other things I "needed". I slept in and watched football. Gotta love a woman like that boys!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
pretty much get what you can afford, but watch for sales or clearances. I found a tackle shop going out of business once, and got a pair of Orvis booted chest waders for the price of wallyworld cheapo's. Had them for 10 years now, and still look like new.

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been useing the bone dry from bass pro for 2 years now and they are holding up very well. they have 1000 grams of insulation in the boot and they are 5mm neoprene

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been useing the bone dry from bass pro for 2 years now and they are holding up very well. they have 1000 grams of insulation in the boot and they are 5mm neoprene

+1 on the Bone Dry
Ive had mine for about 6 or 7 years and they hold up just fine
Mine are the 7mm toprene (if thats how u spell it) and they are warm
My buddy has the Cabelas and they are a lot similar so either way is good

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Redhead at BassPro seems to be fair priced without being crap quality. Mine are holding up well but I use them to fish not duck hunt so they don't get as much abuse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom