Wal-Mart on expressway - no .22 sold until 8am 10/4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbrentn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just there. Saw a sign that said they won't sell any .22 until 0800 on October 4. Anybody know anything about that? Is that just when the truck comes in or are they wising up to spread supply around?

sent from Omicron Persei 8.

TyMD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was told by the guy that works the gun counter that they were saving it up and were going to sell it all on that day. He said they should have enough for 100+ people. Not sure if I would trust him 100% on the number, but it would be a nice surprise.

jbrentn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was told by the guy that works the gun counter that they were saving it up and were going to sell it all on that day. He said they should have enough for 100+ people. Not sure if I would trust him 100% on the number, but it would be a nice surprise.
Thanks. That answers my question. I work tonight and get off at 0700, so maybe I'll go by and see.

sent from Omicron Persei 8.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting

I don't know if this is true or not, just passing it along as it might be related.

I’ve never been much into large conspiracies–that is, until now… In talking with a few WalMart managers (who happen to be relatives), I can say that WalMart is in fact starting to hoard .22 long rifle ammunition from their normal suppliers. I can also confirm that it is very purpose-driven. WalMart is planning one of the greatest marketing coups in history of marketing. They are saving all their .22 long rifle ammunition to attract one specific marketing demographic: Men, on the accursed Black Friday (The big sale night and/or day after Thanksgiving). Black Friday is often so important to retailers’ bottom lines that some would go out of business entirely if it were not for the masses of people coming in.

It has been no secret that the Black Friday shopping holiday has been a mainstay of the shoppers for the past ten years or so. Lately, we have even seen people killed in the mad rush to buy everything from Teletubbies and Elmos to ninety-inch flat screen televisions. However, one fact has not been lost on market researchers: Women do the vast majority of this shopping. While men have been content to stay busy entertaining relatives, watching football games and even cleaning up Thanksgiving Dinner, their wives and girlfriends have been doing their shopping for them. WalMart seems to be gearing up to change this dynamic. According to sources, WalMart will advertise .22 long rifle ammunition in their Black Friday fliers in selected markets in order to test the idea. One sporting goods department manager I spoke with says that he has some twenty-thousand rounds of .22LR wrapped on pallets sitting in the back of his store, with more on the way. When he tried to ring up a few boxes, his computer stated that the price would be downloaded to cash registers by the 26th November; the day before Thanksgiving. It may even be on sale when it hits the shelves.

If indeed this turns out be the case, it could be one of the best marketing ploys ever conceived.

Where Did All the .22 Ammo Go — WalMart?!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
hobbes got it right. they are having a pre-black friday event. the edmond wal mart on danforth will have 300 cci 100 counts at 8 am sat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom