Walking Dead Season 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because the story would be over too quickly. Hunker down, wait it out...come up for air and clean up the mess.

So Zombies aren't immortal in thier deadness?

Whew. Not only will I sleep better, it removes the question of whether or not being a zombie is a better life choice after zombies invade than fighting them. Zombies don't work, don't have to brush teeth or comb hair, tear a bunch of crap up and leave it, and don't appear to get irritated with one another. Strong case for zombiedom.

I mean, I'm already pretty stupid anyways. Thinking like a zombie wouldn't take it down a whole bunch of notches for me.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they're that worried about it, why not just kill Hershel and take over the farm? No guns and not real bright. He's ripe for the picking.

'cause then the story would be over too quickly as well. Kill Herschel, take over the farm, watch Glen make babies with Maggie, story over....till zombie Otis comes home for dinner I guess.

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they're that worried about it, why not just kill Hershel and take over the farm? No guns and not real bright. He's ripe for the picking.

And this 6 episode mini season is really stupid.
yah pretty stupid, annoyed the crap out of me. I was thinking the same thing if they really wanted to stay they could. I wouldn't kill him but they couldn't MAKE him leave.
So Zombies aren't immortal in thier deadness?

Whew. Not only will I sleep better, it removes the question of whether or not being a zombie is a better life choice after zombies invade than fighting them. Zombies don't work, don't have to brush teeth or comb hair, tear a bunch of crap up and leave it, and don't appear to get irritated with one another. Strong case for zombiedom.

I mean, I'm already pretty stupid anyways. Thinking like a zombie wouldn't take it down a whole bunch of notches for me.
I was wondering when they would die off as well. I mean if they can't eat and keep moving then what. They eventually have to break down into nothing
'cause then the story would be over too quickly as well. Kill Herschel, take over the farm, watch Glen make babies with Maggie, story over....till zombie Otis comes home for dinner I guess.
Otis may be happy he lost a few lbs!

When Rick shot Sophia, did he kill not only her, but the old Rick as well?
HE had that look, either that or he had to do what everyone said "should" be done until it was a close member of their own group. Maybe got a sense for what Herschel was feeling.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yah pretty stupid, annoyed the crap out of me. I was thinking the same thing if they really wanted to stay they could. I wouldn't kill him but they couldn't MAKE him leave.

HE had that look, either that or he had to do what everyone said "should" be done until it was a close member of their own group. Maybe got a sense for what Herschel was feeling.

I think that the Shane character would take over the farm, Rick "is a man of conscience". I think that he is the "think it out" guy, whereas Shane is the "act on impulse" guy.

When he shot Sophia, I think it was him having to step forward into the vacuum of hard decisions. Shane thought that he could make the hard decisions and lead, until it became a personal hard decision. By being the one to shoot Sophia, I think he re-affirmed his ability to make the tough calls and in a sense I saw it as a "closing the circle" as he started the series having to make the same kind of shot. This may have been a re-affirmation to him that he made the correct decision at the beginning of his journey.

Dave

Razur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think this episode worked well as a mid-season finale.
It does stink they are splitting the season, but what can you do?

Shane is clearly sliding down the slippery slope of madness, that actor did a great job IMHO.

My minor gripe was the CGI on Sophia, it looked like crap.
Usually the FX are good enough that CGI isn't necessary, was it to avoid censors or something?
I noticed there wasn't an epic spray of gore when she got shot as expected either.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think this episode worked well as a mid-season finale.
It does stink they are splitting the season, but what can you do?

Shane is clearly sliding down the slippery slope of madness, that actor did a great job IMHO.

My minor gripe was the CGI on Sophia, it looked like crap.
Usually the FX are good enough that CGI isn't necessary, was it to avoid censors or something?
I noticed there wasn't an epic spray of gore when she got shot as expected either.

I noticed the lack of gore on Sophia.

The aftershow "Talking Dead" didn't dwell on that, but they did mention that they had shot two versions of the shooting.

The one that they didn't use had Sophia coming out of the barn without the makeup, appearing as normal as she had when she went missing.
And then after having to dispatch her, the "group" would have seen her as a Walker.
The idea (I think) was to give a little insight into how Hershel was seeing the Walkers.

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom