Walking Dead Season 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who is on the Shane boat and who is ridin' with Rick? I think Rick is the better leader, Shane is great 2nd or man-at-arms, but he isn't a leader. He is too impulsive. also kind of a rapist.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't say rapist. I mean she did grab his junk first.

I agree Rick is the better leader and Shane is the guy you want backing your decision because he scares the terds outta everyone.

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rick's the one that stepped up and put down Sophia, though - as Shane just stood there whimpering. I think we might see a stronger Rick emerge in the coming episodes.

JMS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shane is an attempted rapist. But I think before long he'll be doing whatever he wants to whomever he wants. He is losing whatever humanity he has left at a rapid pace.

Rick is developing ever so slowly. Members of their group need to start dropping soon. That seemed to be what helped his character in the comics develop into a semi likable protagonist. Right now his scenes are without a doubt the most annoying with all the crying and appeasing everyone and whatnot.

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shane is an attempted rapist. But I think before long he'll be doing whatever he wants to whomever he wants. He is losing whatever humanity he has left at a rapid pace.

Rick is developing ever so slowly. Members of their group need to start dropping soon. That seemed to be what helped his character in the comics develop into a semi likable protagonist. Right now his scenes are without a doubt the most annoying with all the crying and appeasing everyone and whatnot.
Well beside the rape deal, you have to ditch some of your humanity to survive in that sort of situation. If you take herschels approach you put everyone in danger.

JMS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well beside the rape deal, you have to ditch some of your humanity to survive in that sort of situation. If you take herschels approach you put everyone in danger.

There is a difference between retaining your humanity and doing what Herschel is doing. His is a special kind of crazy.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I definitely agree that the whole barn fiasco, particularly the ending will begin the growth of Rick's leadership ability. Shane is a big part of the show, I don't see that dichotomy leaving the show. There will have to be some sort of reconciliation or some factor that brings Shane back from the ledge. If he goes much further down the psycho road, he will get sent on his way.

Don't get me wrong, I understand how he has come to this. The guy does his damndest to save his best friend, which was a strained relationship to begin with from what I have seen, only to have to leave him in the hospital (which how did Rick survive without water or food for weeks while in a coma?), save Rick's family, fall for Rick's wife, who was about to leave him anyway, and then have the guy show up out of nowhere? That sucks for Shane, I think that would send just about anyone down the road to crazytown, even more in an apocolyptic scenario. I am hoping that Shane and Andrea stick together and that will level out Shane a little.

I also think that they leave the farm in the next episode, with Glenn possibly staying on the farm or the farmer's daughter leaving with the group. Not sure why she would leave the general safety of the farm. Hopefully the father and son that helped Rick survive the first couple days will come back into the fray this next series, I liked them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom