Walking Dead Season 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I noticed the lack of gore on Sophia.

The aftershow "Talking Dead" didn't dwell on that, but they did mention that they had shot two versions of the shooting.

The one that they didn't use had Sophia coming out of the barn without the makeup, appearing as normal as she had when she went missing.
And then after having to dispatch her, the "group" would have seen her as a Walker.
The idea (I think) was to give a little insight into how Hershel was seeing the Walkers.

Dave
dang they should have did that one, would have given great insight.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So Zombies aren't immortal in thier deadness?

Whew. Not only will I sleep better, it removes the question of whether or not being a zombie is a better life choice after zombies invade than fighting them. Zombies don't work, don't have to brush teeth or comb hair, tear a bunch of crap up and leave it, and don't appear to get irritated with one another. Strong case for zombiedom.

I mean, I'm already pretty stupid anyways. Thinking like a zombie wouldn't take it down a whole bunch of notches for me.

Zombies only want the flesh from living things so will not eat each other. Zombies will slowly rot away, that is why they always get worse looking as time goes on.

Some things I believe but have never seen in a zombie flick, I think they would freeze solid during a long enough cold spell, and you could go around disposing of the meatsicles. I also think they would not be going 24/7 because of not being able to see at times. I think they would be most active at night and hide during the day. When a person dies their eyes dilate and if you have ever had it done at an eye doc you know how this screws up your vision. Cloudy days could be a problem though.

JMS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, I have just a few thoughts on the episode.

1. If I hadn't read the comics and knew better, I would have bet the farm that dale was about to meet his end when Shane confronted him and took the guns back. I really wouln't have put it past the Shane character with the turn he has taken and all. And although he is quite douchey, I'm starting to be more and more interested in him.

2. It would have been awesome if Carl would have walked up to Sophia and spilled her brains. It definetely would have worked with the way his character is developing. And are we allowed to see child on child violence? I know they said adult on child violence is a no-no. Just wondering.

3. I'm no expert but it seems that if you take one to the head at point blank range with a 357 from a 6" barrel, what is left of you won't just slump to the ground. I guess I'm just nit picky.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
3. I'm no expert but it seems that if you take one to the head at point blank range with a 357 from a 6" barrel, what is left of you won't just slump to the ground. I guess I'm just nit picky.

You are talking about a bullet less than a 1/2 wide going through flesh; there is not enough energy to move the body. Any thrust type moves are the human body in reaction to being shot. Hell, sometimes people get shot and don't even realize it right away. It isn't like the movies. AND these are zombies, they don't have any emotions or reactions.

As for real zombies- yes, they will freeze, but when they thaw, they return. Eventually they will rot away to the point of being bones, but that can take years. One of the reasons they move slow is because the muscles are eating themselves for energy, there isn't much to go around. Personally, I like the idea a living zombie- the person isn't dead, but the brain is zombified. They would be dispatched easier, but it is also much more plausible than dead people coming back. I also like the idea of zombie animals. You think a pissed off rottweiler is bad? Try a zombie dog.

JMS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are talking about a bullet less than a 1/2 wide going through flesh; there is not enough energy to move the body. Any thrust type moves are the human body in reaction to being shot. Hell, sometimes people get shot and don't even realize it right away. It isn't like the movies. AND these are zombies, they don't have any emotions or reactions.

I see your point but she just slumped to the ground. It seems that a decent leo loaded 357 would put out enough energy to move a 6 lb head and a 60 lb body at least a few feet backwards. We aren't talking about a 250 lb man.

Last edited:

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see your point but she just slumped to the ground. It seems that a decent leo loaded 357 would put out enough energy to move a 6 lb head and a 60 lb body at least a few feet backwards. We aren't talking about a 250 lb man.

I understand your point, but nothing says it was a "decent leo loaded .357". Could have been .38 practice range wadcutters.

I'm trying to figure out when he put his gun belt on. He didn't have it when he went walker fishing, and most of the time during the massacre, he was holding the choke pole. I missed the part where he got his gun and belt and strapped it on.

Dave

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So Zombies aren't immortal in thier deadness?

Whew. Not only will I sleep better, it removes the question of whether or not being a zombie is a better life choice after zombies invade than fighting them. Zombies don't work, don't have to brush teeth or comb hair, tear a bunch of crap up and leave it, and don't appear to get irritated with one another. Strong case for zombiedom.

I mean, I'm already pretty stupid anyways. Thinking like a zombie wouldn't take it down a whole bunch of notches for me.
Holey crapola! My neighbors are zombies! :eek2:

Michael

Latest posts

Top Bottom