Walleye Rodeo (Canton Lake)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I try to avoid crowds. Its about like Memorial Day Weekend except mostly fishing boats. I entered one year with a friend. A small storm blew in and almost everybody headed toward the docks. A handful of us went up behind the islands to try and miss the storms. We faired fine. Had hard rain but the frog toggs kept us mostly dry. The static electricity had small arcs jumping from fishing line to fishing rods. IIRC a couple boats capsized during the storm.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I try to avoid crowds. Its about like Memorial Day Weekend except mostly fishing boats. I entered one year with a friend. A small storm blew in and almost everybody headed toward the docks. A handful of us went up behind the islands to try and miss the storms. We faired fine. Had hard rain but the frog toggs kept us mostly dry. The static electricity had small arcs jumping from fishing line to fishing rods. IIRC a couple boats capsized during the storm.
I was only there Friday (both my brothers stayed the weekend) was pretty busy but not too bad. Caught Walleye, crappie, catfish, sandies, and a ton of drum, only thing worth mentioning is the couple crappie we caught well over 1lb each.

Latest posts

Top Bottom