Walther PPS 9mm or 40mm opinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter1983

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking at buying a Walther PPS 9mm for a CCW. I have looked at them in stores, and like the way they feel, but have heard of some break in malfunctions. Anyone have an opinion or experience with them.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also have the 9mm. I decided I'd rather have another round and probably faster follow-up shots than I would have with the .40.
I have about 900 flawless rounds through mine.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm glad you asked! I have had both of them, a 9mm and a .40. Both worked great. But my preference of the two.......would definately be the 9mm. It is way more enjoyable to shoot. I just picked up a Kahr in 9mm and if I wouldn't have gotten it, I would have been in the market again for another PPS 9mm. Hope this helps.

*Note* I did have a few problems with the mag not staying fully inserted in the pistol due to the mag release not closing all the way on the .40 a few times. It was kind of irritating.

hunter1983

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I had a kahr cw40 and the magazine would fall out at random times. During semi rapid fire sometimes i would pull the trigger and no shot would follow. I know it is on the low end for kahr, but i want something that i can count on, hence the walther pps.

EAD

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
40mm huh? Pretty sure packing a grenade launcher is illegal and difficult to conceal effectively.

See thread title if you don't get it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom