Walther Spreewerk P38 Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipv125

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have extensive knowledge about P38s? I just purchased a Spreewerk P38 and the only thing odd about it is on the frame on the frame there is a “Germany” mark on the gun. Is this just an import mark? All the other markings on the firearm line up and are matching. Thanks for your time!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have extensive knowledge about P38s? I just purchased a Spreewerk P38 and the only thing odd about it is on the frame on the frame there is a “Germany” mark on the gun. Is this just an import mark? All the other markings on the firearm line up and are matching. Thanks for your time!
I am not an expert but did have a P38 back in the 80s. I believe that to be an import mark. Mine had it too.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That would not have been there originally if it's pre 1945

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Import marks of companies were not required til 1968
But post WWl items had to be marked with country of origin.
That's how you tell pre war, post war and wartime production on a lot of items.
Example china and glassware: Nippon pre WWI Japan WWI- WWII
Made in japan post WWII

Latest posts

Top Bottom