Wanenmacher Report.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was fun.

Nothing too exciting but it was nice to be amongst quality machines and their idiot owners. Some of the vendors really need to tone down how tough they are, lol.

My wife always, even at 30 years of marriage, asks me why “Gun dudes” are extra? “It is good to be the King!” comes to mind but some kingdoms just can’t cut the mustard anymore.

I will be back next year if I have anything left to sell, OSA and trading with friends is what keeps me interested, and watching King’s fall on their swords is pretty good drama as well.

Thankfully OSA seems to do a decent job of keeping most of the riff-raff out, except the riff-raff club I am a member of.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This was one of my finds.... If you know what this is you'll know what a unicorn it is. 40 pieces new, one box still sealed.

Attachments

• IMG_20240407_232642.jpg
    IMG_20240407_232642.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I saw one they wanted a grand for, but looked like it had capture papers with it.
(Sellers were ONLY asking several hundred dollars for well used, import marked SKS.)
Saw the one with capture papers. I don't recall seeing the price, but if it was $1000, that was a buy. Those that haven't been keeping track don't realize SKS rifles have increased dramatically in price; nice, light refurb Russians will bring up to $1000 now, nice Chinese are in the $500 and up range - usually more. The more rare or non-refurb Russians are north of $1000. Hell, even Mosins are now pushing $400-$500. All of the "cheap" stuff isn't cheap anymore, including the surplus ammo.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went this morning. Bought some .22 ammo. Got there about 9:00. Met two guys in the parking lot already leaving. They were carrying a five box plastic ammo can tray. Asked what the price was and I think they said $45.00. They said there was also one with four bigger boxes (.30)for $60.00. Didn’t help their morning any when told them I had bought two of the four box set at Costco yesterday for $20.00 each. Saw one trans dude, big one, moved aside and let him pass. Tried to buy a Winchester 490 .22 but couldn’t get together on price. Went to get parts from gun garage out of Arkansas but they weren’t there so that was a bust. May just have to go there next week. Always entertaining one way or the other.
I don't think AL from GG gets around that much anymore. Mostly just mailorder. We all get older and he's
gittin up there. I know he graduated from Trinidad a few years before me.

shoe337

Marksman
Reaction score
Went this morning. Bought some .22 ammo. Got there about 9:00. Met two guys in the parking lot already leaving. They were carrying a five box plastic ammo can tray. Asked what the price was and I think they said $45.00. They said there was also one with four bigger boxes (.30)for $60.00. Didn’t help their morning any when told them I had bought two of the four box set at Costco yesterday for $20.00 each. Saw one trans dude, big one, moved aside and let him pass. Tried to buy a Winchester 490 .22 but couldn’t get together on price. Went to get parts from gun garage out of Arkansas but they weren’t there so that was a bust. May just have to go there next week. Always entertaining one way or the other.
The Gun Garage guys are great. I have never met them but dealt with them on the phone for old Winchester Parts. I bow hunt at Wedington WMA every year and go right by their shop on Highway 16. I will have to go meet them someday.

ChrisWilson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went up Saturday and met a friend who had come down from Kansas City, we started walking it at 8 and quit when it closed. He was looking for a nice original Sharps for a decent price, I was looking also but he had the money to buy something if he found it I didn't have as much saved up this year so had to just watch him!!! He did end up getting a decent Sharps carbine conversion in 50-70, still had good rifling and case colors on it was real nice for the age, metal and wood all in good condition. Only negative was the split in the stock toe and some some recent rust on barrel that will rub off with out bothering the bluing, Course he knows I like to play with and fix up old guns so he sent it home with me to clean up and fix the stock. I told him he'd be lucky to get it back if I took it home but he sent it with me anyway. I was really looking for an old Winchester there but couldn't find one anywhere!!! :P I did see the two fellas in Kilts as well as the two calendar gals, that short one had it going on!!! All I came home with was a belt buckle I got from a friend there and two very sore legs!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom