Was I wrong for doing this? (kinda long - sorry!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I say it depends on the circumstances. When I was at a small community college several years back, a deputy US Marshall came to my office to ask a few questions about someone there at the college. After we were finished talking, he stood up to leave and as he was going out the door of my office, I noticed his shirt had ridden up over the grip of his pistol; exposing the fact he was armed. I told him so; he thanked me, pulled the shirt back down, and that was that. Why was this particular circumstance the right time? Because people in civilian clothing in college buildings are not supposed to be carrying is why. If he had been made by anyone, either an "event" might have happened, or it was possible that his cover would have been blown. No one needed to know he was a Federal LEO; he if had wanted that known, he would not have come in old jeans and a casual t-shirt. In the case of what GED did, I wasn't there to evaluate the circumstances, and neither was anyone else here, but I think he is sufficiently experienced to make the call to tell or not, so I say he was okay in doing what he did.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would never had done that.
Just think. What if that dude was a felon on the run?
^^^ This. So much this.
I never say a word. Same with flashing my lights at oncoming traffic to announce a LEO up ahead of the oncoming driver. What if someone had flashed Timothy McVeigh? Maybe he had an exit before the OHP got to him? Maybe that guy you are flashing has 500lbs of meth in the car. It'd be kind of nice to get that off the street, ya know?

pritch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like Nightshade said, i’m less concerned about minor printing following the passage of open carry. In Oklahoma, there is no “duty to conceal” or an offense for “failure to adequately conceal.” That being said, douchenozzles open carrying, who are prancing around thrusting their sidearm in everyone’s faces, light me up. Add a poorly sized Uncle Mike’s and I’m ready to shout “GUN!”

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never said anything to anybody printing. It's not illegal now, and personally think one should be more aware of personal responsibility when you are carrying. It's not anybody's responsibility to notify you that your printing. You should be aware when reaching up that you could expose a CC and check yourself.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want to have it both ways ... I'm not a felon on the run, so tell me
But I'd rather not approach anyone I don't know and alert them they are visible because I don't know their circumstances

I always take concealment as a 100% effort! But I was happy when open carry passed so I could be more comfortable during hunting season ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom