Wanenmacher Report.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw the one with capture papers. I don't recall seeing the price, but if it was $1000, that was a buy. Those that haven't been keeping track don't realize SKS rifles have increased dramatically in price; nice, light refurb Russians will bring up to $1000 now, nice Chinese are in the $500 and up range - usually more. The more rare or non-refurb Russians are north of $1000. Hell, even Mosins are now pushing $400-$500. All of the "cheap" stuff isn't cheap anymore, including the surplus ammo.
I guess I'm fussing about the guns like SKS (and Marlin lever actions are another) that are beat to death, every screw buggered and or not original, buttplate broke or missing, gun rusted up (especially SKS shot with corrosive ammo and not cleaned) - but with an asking price like a mint condition rifle with original box and hang tag.
And yeah, I know. It's whatever price a willing buyer and seller can agree on.
I do like to see the purty ones at the show, especially the shorter models (SKS so-called Paratrooper, Marlin Marauder, etc). 😀

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I couldn't find crap for 416 Taylor or 404 Jeffery after walking the whole show. One guy tempted me with a 500 A Square package but I need another project like a hole in my head.

Interestingly based on my recent knife experience I was paying attention and saw counterfeit Gerbers on at least two tables. One didn't like me pointing that out either.
Seen several post lately with you talking about the really big stuff. You hunt africa or......? Just a hobby? That's some big stuff.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's the kings referring to?
Good to be the King?

It’s in reference to being in charge of something and not really giving 2 shitz about what others think.

Like gun owners at gun shows, I asked a gentleman with a huge sign above his table with “Wyandotte, Oklahoma” if he was from there and his response was a pretty douchey, “No!” and when I told him my family is from there he quietly said something about maybe knowing them…I immediately thought about my wife’s viewpoint on gun dudes. He was extra, extra.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've rarely bought anything at a gun show. I've sold way more than bought. It's a great place to display your sale item to 1000 people with cash in their pocket. Great also to see something you like up close then go home and buy it for way less online. You rarely can sell to a dealer they want to buy low and sell high, although sometimes they'll bite on Sunday's if their inventory got depleted. Over the years I've noticed more and more guys are just there to show off their collections and have ludicrous prices and even at that I think some of them would balk if you really wanted to buy their "precious". Some of the inventory looks like the same stuff they were trying to sell a year ago....kinda like here.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I'm fussing about the guns like SKS (and Marlin lever actions are another) that are beat to death, every screw buggered and or not original, buttplate broke or missing, gun rusted up (especially SKS shot with corrosive ammo and not cleaned) - but with an asking price like a mint condition rifle with original box and hang tag.
And yeah, I know. It's whatever price a willing buyer and seller can agree on.
I do like to see the purty ones at the show, especially the shorter models (SKS so-called Paratrooper, Marlin Marauder, etc). 😀
i understand - there's plenty of those. As for the "paras", I saw more this time than in recent memory. Handy little rifles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom