Wanna see the new GT350R hot lap and run down a Viper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The new Camaro has worse blindspots than the old one, and that is say quite a bit. Granted I was driving a convertible, which is worse. Looks so good, yet so many vision issues from the driver seat.

That's one of the reasons we gave up our C5 convertible. My wife was very uncomfortable driving it in more than light traffic. Speaking of visibility, how would you rank the cars being discussed on being able to consistently clip the apex?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Soooo.... I got to drive a new GT350... just around the streets of Tulsa. Wasn't the R..... couldn't imagine what that would be like. Supposedly was one of the first 2 in Tulsa. Ford hit a homerun just with the normal 350. Keep in mind I'm not professional, never have been, or will be. I've just driven a ton of non-production or heavily modified production cars in a straight line. :D

All that being said, I want to hear about the CTS-V. I will have one at some point.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's one of the reasons we gave up our C5 convertible. My wife was very uncomfortable driving it in more than light traffic. Speaking of visibility, how would you rank the cars being discussed on being able to consistently clip the apex?
The GT350R has amazing track manners. I had no problems running a clean line on the track. The viper too. The CTS-V had some issues with traction, it wants to drift when you push it, and the automatic seatbelts are really distracting- the tighten and loosen themselves. I had it in track mode, so I don't know why it was still functioning.

The ATS-V is also a corner carver.

The Camaro was a drop-top RS, I didn't push it hard. It is on the platform as the ATS, so it should have to ability when fitted with the magnetic ride control.

The Hellcat Challenger is just dumb. Its a 4k-pound lumbering beast. My 71 Buick could out corner that pig.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The GT350R has amazing track manners. I had no problems running a clean line on the track. The viper too. The CTS-V had some issues with traction, it wants to drift when you push it, and the automatic seatbelts are really distracting- the tighten and loosen themselves. I had it in track mode, so I don't know why it was still functioning.

The ATS-V is also a corner carver.

The Camaro was a drop-top RS, I didn't push it hard. It is on the platform as the ATS, so it should have to ability when fitted with the magnetic ride control.

The Hellcat Challenger is just dumb. Its a 4k-pound lumbering beast. My 71 Buick could out corner that pig.
Awesome. Im waiting patiently on a new Supra- if it ever happens- but these cars sound like alot of fun, just not my style. TY for the info.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, in that case; I was a professional Baseball player and went on to medal in the Summer Olympics in Wrestling!
My dad has a friend/employee who he likes to say "has seen everything but the wind and done everything but die". They have lived in the same town for all but 3-4 of 40 years. He says it must have been a busy 3-4 years for him.

It's kind of beyond douchey to humblebrag about your achievments to add substance to your expressed opinion but refuse to elaborate. If you wanted anonymity why not keep it to yourself?

I mean I was a halfway successful (my record was pretty good - it's just that there's no money in it. gets old being essentially semi-homeless on the road) professional fighter for several years. That's why I stay out of the MMA threads. Nobody here knows what they're talking about.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
. I mean I was a halfway successful (my record was pretty good - it's just that there's no money in it. gets old being essentially semi-homeless on the road) professional fighter for several years. That's why I stay out of the MMA threads. Nobody here knows what they're talking about.

Awesome... OK, if you get to be a supposed fighter then I was an astonaut. Just got tired of it, not enough excitement.

. Nobody here knows what they're talking about.

My favorite part. You funny mfr...

Last edited:

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would love to have any Supra. The build quality of the older ones is incredible in my opinion.
Ive got a 98'TT right now, sold my 94' last summer, have had about 6 Supras, starting with an 85' n.a. I like the GT-Rs, Z cars and G35/37s too, have had several of each, sold a G35 n.a. also last summer. I would take either a new Supra or a GT-R.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome... OK, if you get to be a supposed fighter then I was an astonaut. Just got tired of it, not enough excitement.

My favorite part. You funny mfr...

Cool! I always wanted to take the ride myself, but I don't see how it can compare to the rush of wingsuit B.A.S.E. jumping. I think that spoiled me. Flying planes sure got boring fast after my first wingsuit jump.

I mean, how is orbit much different than looking out the window of a Southwest 737? Oh cool everything is tiny. Kinda weak if you ask me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom