Wanna see the new GT350R hot lap and run down a Viper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Take a look at any top track records and the Viper variants are always in the Top.

That GT350R looks like a great car, but it won't touch a Viper on the Track (I've run down all sorts of cars on Hallett that should be "faster" but the drivers weren't very good)

Last I saw, there is a 20 second difference in times at the Nurburgring. That's an eternity.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take a look at any top track records and the Viper variants are always in the Top.

That GT350R looks like a great car, but it won't touch a Viper on the Track (I've run down all sorts of cars on Hallett that should be "faster" but the drivers weren't very good)

Last I saw, there is a 20 second difference in times at the Nurburgring. That's an eternity.

Short track, lots of corners gives the advantage to the Mustang. In a drag race, the Viper would win, no contest. Nurburgring is a completely different monster. This is an apples to apples comparison, and I included my lap times in both vehicles at the same track. within a 10th of a second, and I know I could have gone faster in the Mustang had the track been clear or passing allowed. And yes, driver ability is absolutely a factor.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

In production cars, yes. Boring! Drive an IndyCar at the same track and it'll change your mind.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In production cars, yes. Boring! Drive an IndyCar at the same track and it'll change your mind.

Huh? Change my mind about production Vipers being much faster than a GT350R? I've driven about every car type on tracks, from Formula Mazda to Legends to an Ariel to Blown Vipers and lots in between...

What does an Indy Car have to do with this topic? Of course track cars are different, lol.

It would be more comparable to bring Motorcycles into the discussion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom